x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

So near, yet so far . . . .

1 2 3
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 5:48 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2006-05-29 5:37 PM

Thanx. I'll look again. I suspect that Oxford is ARM-only, given that it crashed my MP790 but apparently works fine in the J728. (Seeing that it worked in yours gives me the guts to try it in mine.)

I suspect that you are right! Good Luck - it should work!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 7:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oxford is arm only if it said not valid CE app. if it was a cab it wouldnt even install if it was an arm cab

both atlce and iphlpapi are on my site (arm.zip yeah). however maybe not all these dlls are required
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 7:40 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Wrong again, CE Geek. I went looking for the installation folder in C:\Program Files on my PC, and there are ARM, MIPS, and SH3 CABs there. I do recall now that I copied the MIPS CAB over to the Storage Card on my 790. But maybe it crashed because the above-mentioned DLL files weren't there. (BTW, yes, I found these on my PC - just forgot to copy them over to the 728's Storage Card for tweaking.) I didn't see any similar DLLs for MIPS.

About to install Oxford on my 728. But first backing it up just in case.

EDIT: Okay, installed and works! Thanx, John. (Took me a while, though, to figure out where to put the PDB files on the Storage Card. They have to be in the root directory of the Storage Card for the app to find them.

Now back to figuring out the others.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-05-29 8:13 PM
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 7:53 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2006-05-29 7:40 PM

About to install Oxford on my 728. But first backing it up just in case.

EDIT: Okay, installed and works! Thanx, John. (Took me a while, though, to figure out where to put the PDB files on the Storage Card. They have to be in the root directory of the Storage Card for the app to find them.

Now back to figuring out the others.

One down - three to go! Good Luck!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-31 2:51 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Some small progress made. After adding mfcce300.dll and olece300.dll and the 19k aygshell.dll (and with Monopoly, the 11.5k gx.dll) from cmonex' site, I've been able to get the game board and menus, and player entry screen (like in Scrabble in my 790) in both my 790 and 6651. (Also got the same thing in the 6651 with Scrabble as well.) But still can't get past the player entry screen on either app in either device. And in all cases, when I give up and exit, then and only then do I get an illegal operation message with the number ending in . . . 00005.

A couple of side observations:
1) My experience seems to suggest that MFC-related errors in this dialogue end in . . . 00005, while GX-related ones end in . . . 00002.
2) I had an interesting experience with another aygshell with Monopoly in my 790 - got the app on the screen sideways a la Nyditot. Can't recall which aygshell, though. But the intro screen for Monopoly is scrambled with the 19k aygshell, while with the other aygshell it was clear (but sideways).

Still nothing on my 728. (BTW, I'm also trying Handmark YAHTZEE on all three, but no game screen showing up yet.)

Edited by CE Geek 2006-05-31 3:00 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-31 3:23 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

"1)" i'm afraid this observation is not always true, but sounds nice.
it is quite a usual thing to get the illegal operation on exit of the app but who cares by that time
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-31 3:31 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, I wouldn't mind that, if it would just let me play the game first.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-02 7:24 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

A correction:
Actually, the aygshell file isn't needed in the app folders for either Monopoly or Scrabble in MIPS; the results are the same without them. (And I have different aygshell files \Windows in my two MIPS H/PC 2000 devices: 16.5k in the 6651, and 11k in the 790.) (BTW, I just noticed that, in reference to the \aygshells folder with the 13 versions, cmonex says on her site that these are "all 13 known versions of aygshell for ARM." But the aygshells are not processor-specific, are they? Some should still work with MIPS, right? )

My suspicion is that I need a gx.dll file that I haven't found yet. Maybe it doesn't exist? Can you shed some light, cmonex?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-02 7:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

sorry they are processor specific. why did you think they weren't?
there are mips dlls too on my site, you know that? mips.zip.
and i got my hands on the newest aygshell yesterday! i will post it soon. it is MIPS only
gx.dll: you really should read through my site once they are all there. check the ARM ones too because i was lazy and posted the whole gx.dll folder i have, including some mips ones. but the description warns you anyway, i just wanted to remind you of that.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-03 4:03 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I guess I originally thought that aygshells are not processor-specific because I understood their primary function to be to adapt the application to the H/PC GUI, which is the same regardless of processor type. (Maybe I'm misunderstanding their function.) I've downloaded mips.zip, but of course that also includes other types of DLLs. And there are only three aygshells in mips.zip. I thought those were included with the other DLLs because they were to be used together. (My knowledge about these types of files is still very limited, though that may be obvious by now.)

I have read through your site several times, but clearly made oversights the first few times. I have downloaded all the GX files and folders on your site, and extracted the ones in the \tfgbd folder. I'm pretty sure I've tried all of the ones not clearly labeled "ARM" in my 6651 and 790 (yes, I did notice your warning that some MIPS GXs may be among those in the gx.dll folder), and all the ones not clearly labeled "MIPS" in my 728, but thus far I haven't made any further progress than that described in my previous posts.

I feel like I'm going in circles. Maybe the next step is learning how to hexedit and trying it from that end.

(BTW, I have noticed that, through all this trial and error, the icons for the app executables of both YAHTZEE and Trivial Pursuit have always been the generic rectangular application window icon rather than the specific game icons, while the icons for Monopoly and Scrabble have always been the specific game icons as they are seen when installed on a Pocket PC. Does this mean anything in particular? )

Edited by CE Geek 2006-06-03 4:34 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-03 12:23 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well the gx.dll is not an easy issue did you try the ones at the japanese link i once posted? (not sure if i posted them on my site... getting confused with those lots of gx's )

however i can tell you one thing, the j728 doesn't really need any gx.dll, just install the latest wincesoft GAPI. (it was different before the new improvements in gapi)

yahtzee & trivial pursuit: check the OS and CPU versions with execheck. what is the error message when you click on them?

oh and the aygshell... it is just an executable, so it needs to have to be compiled for a CPU. it is responsible for the PPC gui, not the HPC gui.

what's the problem with mips.zip?
oh, well, the folder structure isn1t cleaned up in that package yet. sorry for that. you can of course combine them as you wish.

i will soon post one or two new aygshells for mips the newest of them is not even available for arm. unfair advantage for mips
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 3:29 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Some unfair advantage - there are still lots more DLLs for ARM than for MIPS.

This project has been delayed by a stupid mistake on my part - in desperation, late at night, in a daze, I actually copied over the Sig 2 GX into Monopoly and - yes, I did it - clicked on the app icon to try it. (Stop laughing, cmonex. ) Needless to say, I had to hard reset, as I lost the picture and couldn't get it back with a soft reset. (Sound familiar?) Couldn't back up from there because, with only an infrared connection available, I can only initiate ActiveSync from the 6651 end. After hard resetting, I then discovered that I didn't have a valid backup file. (Wouldn't you know.) So I had to reconstruct everything manually. (And I forgot that I had just saved screenshots of my 1337th post in RAM, so they're gone. Fortunately, I still have smaller-screen versions on my 790.) But, wait, it gets even funnier. Earlier today, I forgot which app had the killer DLL (and thus it was still there), and - yes, you guessed it - I tried Monopoly again. (The worst part of all this is that synching by IR seems to be hit-and-miss when attempting to create a partnership: most of the time, the PC Link dialog box says "Opening Port" forever, and the IR dongle doesn't recognize the device. I never knew when it was actually going to connect.) Rebuild number two was just completed a few hours ago; the offending DLL has been removed, and (grunt) I'm still trying to connect again to finally create a genuine backup file. (Oh, and I still haven't gotten anything Visual Basic other than MyDominoes working again.)

If nothing else, this has been a very good learning experience for me. The good news is that the 16.5k aygshell is sufficient for nearly all the Pocket PC apps, and for most of the others, the MIPS DLLs (from the "New" folder of your download) do the trick.

Re: Trivial Pursuit and YAHTZEE
I've tried Executability Check with the Trivial Pursuit EXE file, and it doesn't even respond back. The file it inserts into the app folder to check it just stays there, and I have to soft reset to get rid of it. (But I also had the same thing happen at one point with Scrabble and Monopoly.)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 3:48 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'm not sure why you need activesync to backup... why not use the intermec's builtin one it looks nice
the nec also has one (bsquare backup).
anyway funny experience...
i will really get the new mips aygshells onto my site...
you should have execheck in RAM.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 5:10 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Never noticed the Backup Tool before - never bothered to look in the SHARP Applications folder. Gonna need a bigger Storage Card though - only got about 12 MB space left on the one I'm using in it right now. (For now I'll back up to another card by way of the PC card slot.) Thanx for calling it to my attention.

EDIT: Nice. Backed up everything in RAM in about 30 seconds - much faster than ActiveSync.

Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to get back on this project.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-06-04 5:15 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 10:30 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

lol why people don't look at what they have! there's a few very nice sharp apps on the intermec. and did you check out the HP applications on the j728? i'm asking because there's a backup too, and other wonderful things
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8