x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Questions about Jornada 680E

« Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... Next »
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-10 4:44 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Those with AS problems should be sure that Firewally software has the correct zone specified as trusted.

192.168.55.100 - 192.168.55.101
on 255.255.255.0 needs to be trusted.

That includes ZoneAlarm, Norton, McAfee, BlackIce and Windows Firewall - and all the rest.

Close anything you have running in your tray, anything that uses the com port or monitors the com port.

If you have incoming connections enabled in Dial-up Networking, disable it.

9x Users need to install the DUN 1.4 update - see the Patching guide for your OS in support.
 Top of the page
frank84 Page Icon Posted 2005-03-11 12:51 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Is anyone using an Ethernet PC Card for their Jornada 680?

if yes, can I know it's Model name or number?

I need a card, but don't know which one to get.
not many of them are CE compatible
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-03-11 5:41 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have a 3COM. Model #3CCE589T 10 Mbps.
Chris
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-03-11 10:02 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

mysticshopgirl - 2005-03-10 11:26 AM

Hello,

the battery was dead as a doornail when it came in the mail.
... have a Viking 256 compact flash card and have NO IDEA how to install it...
And, FYI, I could not get my computer to recognize my Jornada until I upgraded to Windows XP...it would not work with 98.

If you mean "install" after you insert it, you do nothing. I use Viking 256 cards for several purposes, one is the 680e. Works like a charm. If you cannot find the slot, you may have the Dutch Railway custom unit. So far, tigerdirect.com seems to be the only retailer that tells people they will not get external audio buttons, a CF slot or the cradle, which is a heads up for anyone who researched Jornadas before they bought one.

Remove the custom bottom by unscrewing the four Torx screws. The slot is under the box where you replaced the button backup battery. Press down on the right top corner of the box (with the edge of the 680 toward you) with your thumb & gently press the lever -like part at the opposite end. The slot unit will pop up. Insert the CF card with the end with the tiny holes going in first and the blank side (with lines to write on) of the card facing toward you. It will slide in until it is slightly past the opening of the slot so you can close the "box".

If you do not have a 680e that is missing the external audio buttons, then just flip it upside down and the black box I mentioned is right there on the end of the 680e
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-03-11 10:29 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Wow ... is this like a loooong thread or is this like a loooong thread?
 Top of the page
LX200
LX200 Page Icon Posted 2005-03-11 3:48 PM
#
It took me a few tries to get Active Sync to work on my Dell D800 Latitude. Stick with the default Com1. Mine worked after I uninstalled MS Service PAK2. Also had to disable the firewall (not sure which one did the trick). Hope that helps.
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-03-11 4:57 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

LX200 - 2005-03-11 3:48 PM

It took me a few tries to get Active Sync to work on my Dell D800 Latitude. Stick with the default Com1. Mine worked after I uninstalled MS Service PAK2. Also had to disable the firewall (not sure which one did the trick). Hope that helps.

Which Port are you using? Serial right?
I am using a Lan card. But cant seem to get AS 3.8(On desktop) to use the Ethernet option. Only works if I use the AS on the 680. Even then, I open My Computer, Click on Mobile Device and get nothing.
Help please.
Chris
 Top of the page
Larrh
Larrh Page Icon Posted 2005-03-13 11:53 AM
#
I just bought a wifi card over ebay that works nicely, For 48 bucks you get the card, very clear installation instructions and a little attachable antenna that they claim increases range 3.5 times.

In searching ebay, is used "wifi card for jornada 680e" (maybe that was on google)

the card was purchased from Page Estes, 222 Cook Hill Rd., Wallingford, CT o6492.

They claimed free shippiing and they send it free via usps priority mail. It got in three day.

Now, using the card, I have to figure out how to get Yahoo to accept my loging. I get a message, "cannot establish a secure connection," and I don't even want a secure connection.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-13 1:56 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Larrh,

Can yopu post the make / model of the wifi adapter for the benefit of others here? People like recommendations.

See this on your Yahoo issue:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=190&posts=4
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-03-14 11:40 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THE FOLLOWING J 720 ACCESSORIES WORK FOR 680?

I know reputable online stores strictly list accessories according to Manufacturer specifications. My Understanding is that a lot of items for the HP Jornada 720 work with the 680. From photos I'll seen, 600s & 700s look like the same case, same computer except for motherboard, processor, sound chip & speaker. True?

Do any of the following J 720 accessories work with the J 680? :

> 720 main battery [J720BS]

> Stylus 2-pack [J729ST]

> Parallel Printer Cable [J7PPC]
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-03-15 10:34 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

For all who were wondering... I installed the Sysco aironet 340 series WiFi card on my Jornada 680e, works like a charm, although I had a hard time finding the correct driver for it. With a little searching I found this driver. http://wireless.cofc.edu/download/Wireless_CD/CD%20Contents/WinCE/CE211/

that along with step by step directions on how to install found here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4555/prod_release_note09186a008007f8cd.html

Hope this helps!
the cool thing about this card is you can find them on ebay for less than $10, the bad thing is the range is only adout 40ft unless you get the external antenna
this is the same people i got my card from
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=45000&item=5758677213&rd=1

Edited by Yoldering 2005-03-15 10:42 AM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-03-15 4:05 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

BTW in order to be able to use the aironet 340 you must update to SP1! if you don't you will just have a lot of troubles.
 Top of the page
Robb Page Icon Posted 2005-03-16 5:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Great forum!

Long time reader... first time poster...

Well I am thinking about buying one of these 680e's and have a few questions (couldn't see these answers since they are kinda specific)

I want to use this thing for data logging in my car. Basically, I just need to be able to load some type of Hyperterminal program on the 680e and connect it via serial cable to my car's computer. This possible?

Only other usage will be basic PDA stuff with some WiFi useage at home (once I got a WiFi card). I have a 256MB CF card in my camera which I could stick in this thing.

Thanks!
 Top of the page
blackfox
blackfox Page Icon Posted 2005-03-17 12:17 AM
#
having problem with cisco 340 can not get on my wifi net but i can ping the
cisco card. tryed using neighborhood/my network places inst i am ok till
step 6 entered \\mshome\
when enter cr get bad network path error.
do i need sp1 ? my system sayes mswin ce ver 3.0
core system 2.11

network list the cisco wirless lan adapter
have tryed obtain ip via dhcp
and also ip address 192.168.0.3
subnet 255.255.255.0

thanks david
 Top of the page
HEMP
HEMP Page Icon Posted 2005-03-17 6:09 AM
#
I'm feeling pretty newbie'ish right now! I posted this but I mistakenly pulled a new thread for it. That's when I realized that I hadn't read the forum I read one thread from the forum. Anyway, this is what I posted...

Wow! It took me 2 full evenings to pour through all of the messages in this forum. Fantastic information! First, I am curious about how useable the programs are. Can you superimpose written markups on the word documents like on a tablet PC? Second, I have been holding off on buying one of the Tiger direct units because I am trying to figure out if it is worth about double the money to go to the 720? Is it that much faster? Does the extra ram/rom help measurably? Is the OS that much better? Is it more compatible? I don't want to buy the 680e if its going to be so slow that I get frustrated and don't use it. Thanks for all the info from the forum and thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this issue for me.

I hope this makes it to the right eyes this time! sorry for the double post.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 14