x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Questions about Jornada 680E

« Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next »
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-08-08 7:46 PM
#
H/PC Elder

shhh ... ... did you hear that mutterings ? ... oh wait ... there it goes again ... ... ah ... now I hear it ... "disconnected recordsets" ...
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-08-08 10:14 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

I only hit the submit button once for posts. But it seems that in heavy hours, when I do hit it, many times I get a timed out error from the server, and then I have to click back, copy my stuff, go and click the reply button again, paste it, hit submit, and get the same error! And sometimes it posts then a few minutes later...weird.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-08-08 10:16 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

I only hit the submit button once for posts. But it seems that in heavy hours, when I do hit it, many times I get a timed out error from the server, and then I have to click back, copy my stuff, go and click the reply button again, paste it, hit submit, and get the same error! And sometimes it posts then a few minutes later...weird.

EDIT: Ok then, it just happened. Here is the error: Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/forums/forums/thread-post.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded. You can change this limit by specifying a new value for the property Server.ScriptTimeout or by changing the value in the IIS administration tools.
 Top of the page
DKNJ
DKNJ Page Icon Posted 2005-08-10 12:52 AM
#
well my 680e still hasnt come and by what im hearing im guessing i need to go to the store and get a backup battery. but where do i go (not an online store)

I ordered it august 4th with regular shipping so any guess to when i should get it?

also i asked this earlier but it seems like everyone just went to the big question.

can i play an emulator with roms on it?

also if my 680e has the same problems should i just send it back and try and get one somewhere else or what?

also programsynthesizer ummmmm what is the pda in your avatar becuz that looks nice if i dont like my 680e ill prolly send it back and try to get that one
 Top of the page
Macros746 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-14 9:24 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hello all,
Just joined the world of HPC and purchased not one or two but three working 680s from Ebay. This site is mostly a Godsend...but also quite frustrating for a newbie. I have a few specific questions about the 680 and then some general questions. First and foremost, why hasn't this monstrous thread been condensed into a FAQ? Between this thread and all the splinter threads it is almost impossible to find any information you are looking for without reading and searching for hours.

Question 1:
One of the 680s has broken clips on the CF door underneath. I assume these parts can be purchased somewhere (it is the two plastic clips on the door itself) or something can be jerryrigged (I know ducttape is a possibility....but does anyone have a more elegant suggestion?

Question 2:
What are the 'must have' programs for the 680? I have already found Doom, Nethack, PocketDVD and the lovely .66 for playing videos. What am I missing?

Question 3:
Referencing PocketDVD has anyone found the 'magic' numbers for running smooth video at a nice sized screen on the 680. I am willing to put in the work myself if I must....but I have a feeling that it's been done many times before. Anyone?

Question 4:
What updates are critical to download for my machine? I have downloaded everything I can find on the site....but it is unclear what specific things I need for my machine.

Question 5:
In reference to the updates, what can be installed to an expansion card and what MUST be in the built in RAM? I updated one of my machines fully and then hard reset it after I bought a CF card so I could have more available memory. When I reinstalled the updates, one of them caused the machine to stop recognizing the CF card. So, another hard reset later, I'm starting from scratch. I'll install one at a time and see if I can figure out what caused it...but if anyone knows and can save me some time that would be incredible.

Question 7:
When transferring videos via the serial cable set to 115K it takes FOREVER. I don't have a router or a IRDA port....is there a faster way?

This post is just an attempt to simplify and condense all the info I've been looking for all over these forums. Please don't flame me. Help me make it easier for not just me but others starting out.

Thanks,
Macros

p.s. I just found a working but slightly costmetically challenged Jornada 720 on Ebay......but I think I love my 680 too much to leave it....sigh.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-08 4:00 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I've been meaning to do this for Months

*clears throat*

Moved to H/PC Pro Support

a thank-you
 Top of the page
SKproductionZ
SKproductionZ Page Icon Posted 2005-09-08 10:44 PM
#
Hello, i just recently bought a jornada 680 and just wanted to know is there anything i need to know befor i start messin around with it?

a few questions
immature yes but questions lol

1) is it possible to run a 3d game on it? in which i was gonnna run a N64 emulator and just download games...

2) is there some easier way to send information from one computer to another, such to be my schools computer? i was hopin a usb slot or something close

3) was $110 a good deal for it? lol it is a referbished and dosent come with audio and CF buttons

4) is there a way to use it as in a head phone jack, i mean cant you just rewire the wires...then again i dont think i should take that risk...i dunno

please help
Thank You!
Sam
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-09-09 9:57 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Welcome,

1) No it isn't. Consider that the device is a 131MHz SH3 processor - roughly similar to a 50MHz x86 CPU (not that it's remotely fair to compare them). To get an N64 emulator working I think the absolute minimum is a x86 600MHz.

2) The device doesn't have a capabilities to access a USB key. Having said that there are some SD technologies emerging now which have a USB clip to allow them to get between a PDA and a PC/Mac USB port. While the H/PC doesn't have an SD slot - and this is just an Example of possiblities that may be open to you - there are adapters which allow you to use SD cards in the H/PC (see the HCL)

3) That's down to whether you think it was for what you will get back from it. There are plenty of threads on the board discussing what other people paid, and where they got it it and where they got the audio buttons. If you really want to find an answer to this question I suggest you search the board.

4) It's possible to do, there is a Japanese gentleman who added one to his device, but you will need a degree of technical experience with electrical circuitry, and ideally sound circuitry. This equally has been discussed on the board before now, so please search.
 Top of the page
SKproductionZ
SKproductionZ Page Icon Posted 2005-09-17 11:53 AM
#
Hi, i just got my 680e and was curious is it possible to run a non windows CE application? or does it have to be a CE, cuz i downloaded the install files of a emulator how ever when i run the program it says 'mupen64' is not a valid Windows CE application. and thas all i can do? is there a trick around this or something? let me know if you can, id most appreciate it !
Thanks!
Sohail
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-10-12 9:16 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Hi,

It's only possible in an on-device emulator (PocketDOS, BOCHS, Console emu etc)
http://www.hpcfactor.com/reviews/editorial/bochs-2-1-1/

Chances are you downloaded a host installer:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0046.asp
 Top of the page
Lvllelgnd
Lvllelgnd Page Icon Posted 2005-10-13 12:09 AM
#
What firmware version is your Cisco Wireless card running? I am running 5.02.19. I get associated, but I can't surf...
 Top of the page
Jornada 680e
Jornada 680e Page Icon Posted 2005-10-31 12:29 AM
#
OK so i am <deleted> around and stuff and i looked these sites over and i was wondering if u could put it in lamens terms for me man i want to get stuff on my jornadda 680e i got windows ce 2.11 help me out

Edited by C:Amie
 Top of the page
winstone Page Icon Posted 2005-11-24 9:51 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I just upgraded my JOrnada 680e from 16 meg to 32 meg, instructions and board came from Scotland. Neat upgrade. Also, to make it a true MP3, I discovered that after opening the unit. Take the three underside screws from the front, got a set of tools from Radio Shack. then open the unit. You should remove the main battery as well as the backup battery prior to taking it apart!
Instructions on web. pry up the keyboard slide foward and allow it to fold foward,
careful not to remove the ribbon cable. I got a stereo earphone plug with wires attached from Radio Shack under $4. clipped one of the speaker wires, and soldered the ear plug wire to one lead and the other to the loose wire. the mini plug just fits inside the stylus holder. I use a ball point pen closed anyway, so the stylus is a hassle. Now I have the benefit of stereo ear pods, the sound can be adjusted and there is a sort of stereo in the Jornada sound control. I get hours of music. I download my own MPEG 1 sound files or movie files to a Flash card I they are one sale at Office Depot for $20 for a 518 meg chip. I can store many hours of data on these chips and not clutter the main memory with programs. I am working on a DVD drive connector that will access my portable DVD player. The micro-drives that go to 6 GIG are most interesting, but there are cheaper and better units out there that one can use for data storage.
Back in 1970 I built a 10 gig backup for my TRS-80 model 100 laptop out of a 4 track audio player. The right channel was for programs, and the left for recording data as well as updating data.
The cradles made for the Jornadas come in two styles. One has the power plug with the serial connector and the other has the addition of a USB port. .... most interesting.
Microsoft has an upgrade for the Windows CE program that allows the use of a USB port off of the cradle, This opens the door to many forms of memory storages. Winstone
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-09 5:14 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow what a great achievement. sorry i see this thread only now..
about the usb port, that cradle is for the J720, physically it is compatible with the 680 of course, but still you can sync only via serial as far as i know.
what usb upgrade were you talking about anyway?
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-03-28 12:36 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

This is my 1000th post, and this thread was the first thread I posted to I thought it would be fitting to bump it. For any one who wants to know about the J680 here it is (the J680 is very cool.) This thread holds a lot of memories for me. It is one of the longest threads on this site. On a separate note; I want to thank this entire sites staff, and hope for continued contributions from the members.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 30