x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Questions about Jornada 680E

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next »
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-02-18 7:51 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Mine has finally shipped!!!
Have a question. Is it possible to Charge/Use with a car adapter? I belive so. Just not sure of the Proper Voltage, Amperage and plug size.
Anyone with any knowledge on this?
Thank you.
Chris
 Top of the page
jcschlic
jcschlic Page Icon Posted 2005-02-20 4:22 PM
#
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-20 5:37 PM
#
H/PC Elder

You are not totally lost, just a bit ... ... but that bit is enough to prevent the card from being used. The tell-tale "gold" edge connector says its a cardbus (32bit) interface which HPCs in general do not support due to its OS.

Further, in its specs ...

# Computer Interface:
- 32-bit CardBus PC Card Standard V7.1

HPCs only support 16bit pccards.
 Top of the page
jcschlic
jcschlic Page Icon Posted 2005-02-20 5:52 PM
#
ok,

thanks for that, but i guess i'm just wanting a suggestion on a specific wireless card to get for the 680e.

i want to be able to surf the internet and check email/stuff in hotspots/wifi locations.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-20 6:15 PM
#
H/PC Elder

jcschlic - 2005-02-20 3:52 PM

ok,

thanks for that, but i guess i'm just wanting a suggestion on a specific wireless card to get for the 680e.

i want to be able to surf the internet and check email/stuff in hotspots/wifi locations.

hmm ... well, most of the 16bit wifi pccard will do the job. But you need to make sure they have drivers for WinCE2.11. Check out the HCL for a list of compatible wifi cards. Note that this list is *not* exhaustive, but is compiled from users who verified that they work.

A pretec wifi cf card works as well for the WinCE2.11 OS.
 Top of the page
jcschlic
jcschlic Page Icon Posted 2005-02-20 6:29 PM
#
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-20 6:30 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Cisco Aironet 350
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-21 7:52 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Corrections to my earlier post ... the pretec does not work for wince2.11 ... sorry
 Top of the page
steve850
steve850 Page Icon Posted 2005-02-22 8:40 AM
#
I'm confused. Just got my 680e yesterday from Tigerdirect and the base looks nothing like the manual . There is an 1 1/4"x3 3/8" opening with a clear plastic cover and next to it is a 1 1/4"x 1 5/8" opening with a sliding cover. Under this cover is a another small cover with a screw (is this battery backup?) PC card slot is there on side. This unit does not appear to take CF cards or CF wireless card anywhere. Can anyone help?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-22 9:04 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As has been discussed in this very thread and at least two other threads on this forum, the Tiger direct ones are refurbished devices and have had their CF slots and audio controls bricked up.

Top of the page
steve850
steve850 Page Icon Posted 2005-02-22 1:08 PM
#
any idea what the slot with the plastic cover was for?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-22 2:11 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As the entire thing is plastic, that it rather nondescript. I'm guessing you mean the transparent window, which is for reading the base plate judging from the photo.
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-02-22 7:34 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Well, Just got one of those Wonderful UPS InfoNotices today. I'll have to go and get it. Apparantly it needs a Signiture. The Lan card? Has yet to show up. Was supposed to have been shipped on 2/16 First Class USPS from CA. Tracking number doesnt say anything. I got the e-mail on 2/15 stating that it shipped on 2/16. ?. Stamps.Com.
But another note, I am OFF on Thursday. Maybe I'll get to play with it. But I have to wire up a Trunk light and replace the Driver door Window switch on my Mothers car. Shouldnt take me long to do.
Chris
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-02-22 9:06 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

My Mistake. The seller is in FL. Not CA. Now I went and checked his FeedBack. 2 Negatives in the last 24hrs. One bought a 3COM and received a Belkin. The other didnt receive anything.
Fortunately, I paid via PayPal with a credit card. So I think I can Disput the charge if needed.
Chris
 Top of the page
Daemon
Daemon Page Icon Posted 2005-02-22 9:23 PM
#
I just received my 680e from tigerdirect also.

The base is there to cover the lack of volume/record button bezel apparently.
I unscrewed it with a torx, put my cf card in and re-screwed it again. The buttons appear to physically be there, but the bezel is missing.

The whole CF/PCMCIA assembly seems rather "loose" as well, but it works.

oh and on mine, the backup battery was dead, I just ripped a CR2032 from an old intel 440bx motherboard, works fine.

No rocket science, here.

You could even live without the ugly baseplate which does not even screws in all the way, apparently -- if you don't mind not having the front bezel for the buttons.

Urgh.

Oh well, it's better than nothing I guess.

My Linksys WCP11 seems to fit, I haven't got to install the drivers. Well, up to now I took some notes on Active Directory and poked around -- I am having fun, it sounds great and will replace my iPaq pretty well.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 12