x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Questions about Jornada 680E

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Next »
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-22 10:13 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I always like Happy endings ... especially Double Happiness!!

ESCMAX and Daemon, enjoi!

I was thinking, if you folks can order replacement base plates from HP and have the working CF and recording buttons?? *ponder* ...

EDIT:

You guys might be in luck ... I think ...
HP PartSurfer

F1262-60027 $3.82 Audio button assembly <--- maybe this is what you need?

but ... ...
F1262-40025 Cover plate NO LONGER SUPPLIED <--- this as well?

Edited by Snappy! 2005-02-22 10:24 PM
 Top of the page
Alodar
Alodar Page Icon Posted 2005-02-22 11:51 PM
#
Well, if anyone else read the little white sheet of paper labeled "Attention" that came bundled with the manual and other offers, it mentions that these specific Jornada 680e's from Tigerdirect were "specially customized for Dutch Railways" from HP and had specific modifications and missings accessories because of that. Namely the missing audio buttons and inaccessible CF card slot. Though interestingly the sync cable did come with the Jornada, even though the sheet says it doesn't. I guess Dutch Railways didn't need those features. Fortunately, the base that covers these features is removable, and I thank the previous posters for pointing that out.

Daemon - Be sure that your WPC11 is version 3.0 or earlier. I have a ver.4 and found out that it doesn't work with HP/Cs. That is because of the aforementioned inabilty of HP/Cs to handle 32 bit cardbus cards. Fortunately, only ver.4 is 32 bit, and all previous versions are 16 bit and should work fine.

BTW, if anyone is wondering what that double-arrowed symbol is that is covering the audio button holes on the base, that is the Dutch Railways logo.
 Top of the page
Daemon
Daemon Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 12:25 AM
#
Oh. I was indeed wondering what the logo was, and why the blue sticker was in dutch.

According to babelfish the sticker says "This device can be returned to the following address free of charge"

and

"NG thanks you for your actions"

Well, I might order the button assembly actually.

Top of the page
Daemon
Daemon Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 12:34 AM
#
My apologies for the double post, but I would also like to mention that my WCP11-CA v3 is working.

I had to use the generic Intersil PRISM driver, though -- since Linksys drivers are utter crap, as usual.

(I recall never using anything else even on my Pocket PCs with my WCF11 anyways.)
 Top of the page
Alodar
Alodar Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 1:37 AM
#
Thanks Daemon. Nice to know about the Linksys drivers. I'll be sure to make a note of that and your driver choice if I find a pre-Ver.4 WPC11 card. The card I have is a friends anyway, which I've been meaning to get back to him.

I just got my 680e today also and was poking around HP's site. For anyone interested, there is a service pack 1 for CE3.0.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&os=84&product=61103&dlc=en&softwareitem=hh141mu

This should work on the 2.11 core/CE3.0 680e's that have been shipping from Tiger. Will make it 3.01. I haven't tried it yet myself, so I can't speak to its benefits. But the link and text file in the download should answer most questions.
 Top of the page
Daemon
Daemon Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 3:56 AM
#
I did install the Service Pack -- it is not even a ROM update and eats space. Oh well.

What I am now wondering is, do we need to install the vibrant color display driver?

Since the refurbished devices are dutch, I would assume not -- but the display is a tad strange on mine, it flickers slightly.

the mail client is surprinsigly usable. I wish there was a more complete one, which would allow me to use IMAP-SSL, TLS and smtp-auth.

Storing mail on CF would be great too, I had one for my Pocket PC that was overly awesome and did all that.

Oh, and I managed to get iMov messenger working decently with MSN over a strange jabber server.

I am getting accustomized to the small keyboard as well...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 7:45 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Alodar,
If I remember correctly. The 680e is already 3.01.
More on it here:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/patching/ce211/

I'm most surprised that no one here realised that about the custom build for DR. They're well travelled H/PC's that's for sure.

Daemon,
You don't "need" to install it. It just moves the screen colours from 8-bit to 16-bit (256 colours to 65,000 colours) so if you view photo's on it and such, they will look nicer. The update makes no changes to the UI.

Have a look at nPop, which is a more robust mail client - you will loose the MS Outlook sync by using it mind:
http://www.nakka.com/soft/npop/index_eng.html

Mail on CF through nPop is possible by modifying the config. It cannot be moved in Pocket Outlook.

Welcome to the world of the H/PC, both of you
 Top of the page
LX200
LX200 Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 11:26 AM
#
HI, making a big leap from my 200LX pocket PC to the Jornada 680e. Has anyone transfered their data (phone book & data bases) from a 200LX to the Jornada? The 200LX is not compatible with ActiveSynch. I have the PC transfer kit that came with the 200LX (looks like an MSDOS program) but I am not sure it will work on an XP machine (all I have now). Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 3:11 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There is a small utility on the CD's that come with the Jornada, which handles the conversion from the LX range, into Outlook and up to the Windows CE line. It is an old 1997 application from the CE1 era, but it does work against H/PC Pro - showing just how much has really changed in the ADOCE layer since CE1
 Top of the page
LX200
LX200 Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 3:26 PM
#
Thanks C:Amie
how does Outlook then handle the phone.db formatat from the LX200 in the Outlook "contacts" section and what about custom "databases" that have been created in the LX200?

-Kevin
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 4:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Data base extensions are a moot point. With a database all you need to do is write a SQL code which will take the recordset of one database and transpose it into the record set in another database, into the relevant fields.

I do not know about custom databases, however for the default pim bits the hp application has all the field mappings already in the connector.
 Top of the page
Brain_Recall
Brain_Recall Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 5:57 PM
#
Daemon, the Service Pack and the display driver questions are answered further forward in this thread. Check out my first reply on the first page for other information and links.
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 7:24 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Just got mine Today!!! When i get a chance, I'll play with it. Havent installed my Cf yet. Dont have a Torx small enough on hand. Maybe in my toolbox at my parents house.
Lan card? Still not here. E-mailed the seller. If I hear from him?
Chris

Edited by ESCAPEMAX 2005-02-23 7:32 PM
 Top of the page
ESCAPEMAX Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 7:26 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Oh Yeah, The charger is 12V with 2.5 Amps. So I should be able to use a radar detector plug. Assuming I can get the right plug.
Chris
 Top of the page
frank84 Page Icon Posted 2005-02-23 8:28 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

i will start posting my questions here since this was here first..

anyhow, eBay didn't go well for me.

680 for more than $150 wasn't making sense to me.

so, i am still trying...

i am still wondering what the big diff. between 680 and 680e..

if there's no big difference, i would just go with 680e refurbished and hopefully the CF slot works...

i really hate waiting for the bidding to end..

more updates on the way.

-frank
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.304 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 13