x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Uh-Oh! Cant download AS 3.8 from MSFT!

torch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-28 5:42 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Okay, I guess my ActiveSync 3.8 installation became corrupted.. I dont use ActiveSync 4.2, because that would leave my HPC and Palm Size PC out of the loop and I could frankly care less about having 4.2 just for my stupid Pocket PC that just had to run WM5 .. Okay, anyway, I went to Support-> Sync Software and ActiveSync 3.x and I click download for 3.8, which links to Microsoft, the link redirects to ActiveSync 4.2.. I searched Microsoft.com and all I could find was ActiveSync 3.8 in languages other than English.. Does this mean Microsoft is now forcing users to use 4.2!? I certainly hope not .. My question, could the 3.8 setup file be uploaded to HPC:Factor if anyone has a copy (This is just a suggestion, HPC:Factor does not have to) .. Or, am I wrong and 3.8 English is on Microsoft?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-08-28 6:42 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It is already on the HPC:Factor download server
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-28 6:51 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Okay, thank you so much..
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-28 11:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

absolutely APPALLING
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-08-31 7:21 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm astonished that you are still using ActiveSync
It's pretty poor form, however it the new MS Corporate policy to be dropping legacy releases, even support documentation is now being culled from the KB - I'm assuming to discourage legacy use/roll out and adoption.

Having said that, someone suggested to me the other day that they heard MS were planning to open source Windows 98
Conjecture, here say, and on the QT
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-31 8:10 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

(Assuming you are referring to me, C:Amie) Why not use ActiveSync 3.8? It is the last best release, in my opinion.. I don't even have 4.2 isntalled even for my Pocket PC... 3.8 will stay with me for years (I hope) to come... It is the last version to support the most branch of releases and it is the last to support my HP 360LX and Nino 300.. And, 3.8 still boasts TCP/IP sync.. And, I have ActiveSync versions 3.0 to 4.2 archived just in case .. If/when I get another XP PC, 4.2 would be installed on it... Also, C:Amie, do you know if Windows MObile Device Centre will be brought down to XP?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-08-31 8:16 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I was referring my comment to cmonex, and you are preaching (for some reason) to the Cardinal.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-31 8:19 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Oh, okay, I apologize...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-31 9:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2006-08-31 1:21 PM

I'm astonished that you are still using ActiveSync
It's pretty poor form, however it the new MS Corporate policy to be dropping legacy releases, even support documentation is now being culled from the KB - I'm assuming to discourage legacy use/roll out and adoption.

even more astonished than you, about ms pulling even documentation, oh no..

i don't use AS however i needed it on the other day when i didn't want to wait for someone to compile and send me the raw disk write tool for the nec 900, so i saved my flashdisk by using itsmeutilts, which requires AS. it is useful to have the laptop for such times
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-09-01 6:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

hehe

Anyway, I don't know what all the clucking here is about, I got home tonight, looked at this and it took me all of 5 minutes to find it on ms.com. Download URL updated in syncsoft-as3 to 5004. *shrugs*
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 8