x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J720 wifi issues

1 2 3
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2006-10-22 10:05 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

ok so just a forewarning, i am totally ignorant when it comes to these types of thing... but that's why i sorta dove into this to learn.. so dumb it down... like real dumb..

ok i have a j720, bought some cheap wifi card didnt work returned it.. and found this site... basically looked through all the cards and found the spectrum 24 wireless card, the LA 3021 to be exact. downlaoded the driver provided on the site and tried ministumbler. this is were issues arrise. when i run ministumbler (with the driver program closed) it keeps saying netword card not found. i did soft reboots and stuff... so please help me
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 4:16 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

any help please?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 5:53 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ministumbler will not work with this, try pocketwinc (available on my site with all the needed dlls)
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 6:03 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

i actually have tried the file on your site i got a "not all components available for program" thing.. i'll give it another whirl tho.

ps-thanks for your response

Edited by Qkall 2006-10-24 6:05 PM
 Top of the page
dakittenf8
dakittenf8 Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 6:09 PM
#
Hey, I need even more simple than that. I JUST WANT TO PUT A CARD IN AND HAVE ACCESS to the internet. What about cisco and the aironet thing. Also is there a more portable charger, this one is giving me the blues. The only other thing I saw fit to do is buy 3 batteries. HELP ME PLEASE. I am just about to trash it. All i've been able to do is use the multimedia player and losy card game. Some one told me I can drag movies and games on memory cards, even bought the reader/writer. Still I have nothing.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 6:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Qkall - 2006-10-25 12:03 AM

i actually have tried the file on your site i got a "not all components available for program" thing.. i'll give it another whirl tho.

ps-thanks for your response

did you copy all the dlls to the program's (pocketwinc) folder (where you installed it)? that will give such a message if you didn't
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 6:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

dakittenf8 - 2006-10-25 12:09 AM

Hey, I need even more simple than that. I JUST WANT TO PUT A CARD IN AND HAVE ACCESS to the internet. What about cisco and the aironet thing. Also is there a more portable charger, this one is giving me the blues. The only other thing I saw fit to do is buy 3 batteries. HELP ME PLEASE. I am just about to trash it. All i've been able to do is use the multimedia player and losy card game. Some one told me I can drag movies and games on memory cards, even bought the reader/writer. Still I have nothing.

you can buy a cisco aironet 340 series or 350 card, if that's what you want. no official smaller charger but the battery lasts a lot, what about buying an extended battery (cheap on ebay) if you're so worried?
why didn't the movie thing work? if you don't tell us anything specific, just talk in general, we can't help..
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 8:04 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

ok after i finally installed it right(i was not moving the dll's like i was suppose to), it now says "unable to locate adapter. this application will be closed." and true to its word, it does.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 8:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mmm, then bad luck it does support some symbol cards... you're SOL
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 8:23 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

bah... is there any chance of using another driver for it or something... if this doesnt work i'm bagging the whole thing and getting a sony mylo... and much rather have this...

omg i just thought of this... would putting linux on my device fix this?

Edited by Qkall 2006-10-24 9:00 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 9:02 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i dunno, ask TFGBD he knows a lot about these.

oh and linux, maybe... check out linux section.
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-10-25 2:15 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hey! Please don't give up on Windows CE just yet! I don't know what a Sony Mylo is...but if its some kind of laptop/UMPC thing...I don't think the battery life will compare to that of a CE device. I am the person that first created the hack/instructions for getting PocketWinc to work. I needed PocketWinc for the same reason as you. I was looking for a Wifi scanner that supported the same Symbol Spectrum 24 Wireless Card you have and PocketWinc seemed to be the only one available that even supported cards without a PRISM or Orinco chipset like the Symbol/Socket ones. However, when I tried it with the Handheld PC 2000 version of the Symbol driver, it sadly would not even detect the card and quit like it did for you. Well, after some experiments, I found that the Pocket PC 2002 version of the driver is the only one that PocketWinC will work with. Just install that and it will work for you. You just need to be aware that since the PPC2002 Driver Configuration app uses the Pocket PC version of MFCCE300.dll which is incompatible with the HPC2000 version of the same filename. Your Jornada already comes with an MFCCE300.dll file in its ROM but since the config app is a Pocket PC program and not a Handheld PC program, it will not work with the one that comes with the Jornada. You also do not want to just replace the HPC MFC in the Jornada's ROM with a Pocket PC one because it will break some of your other Handheld PC programs. So a Pocket PC app like this driver config app will just crash when it tries to use the HPC MFC and the same is true if you try to use an HPC app with the Pocket PC MFC. Since the config EXE (NICTT.EXE) is in \Windows, you want to modify the exe so that is uses a renamed version of the Pocket PC MFC. This will also prevent it from conflicting with the HPC MFC because each MFC will now have a different filename. This may sound complicated at first, but it is really pretty easy. All you need to do is open the program you want to modify (NICTT.exe in our case), Click the "Rewrite Lib Names" button, change the name of the MFCCE300.dll that appears in the list (most prefer MFCCE301.dll), click overwrite and then close ExecutabilityCheck. Then just rename the actual DLL file (or get the already renamed MFCCE301.dll from Cmonex's site), make sure you have doclist.dll copied to \Windows and you should be all set. The Wifi config app should now be able to coexist with all of your HPC MFC apps.

If you want some more detailed information on this driver/card and download links to the newer versions of the driver for both versions of the card (Symbol and Socket) then please check out my posts on this thread.

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6428&start=16&posts=30

A direct download link to the latest ExecutabilityCheck is here:
http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Cupertino/2039/ExecutabilityCheck.zip

I suggest you use the Pocket PC 2002 driver on the SOCKET Site. That is the one I use and I find it works the best for me.

I hope I helped you with your issue. These Symbol cards are low power and nice and cheap. Other than not having many options for network scanning, they are pretty nice little cards.

Sidenote: dakitten: Are you female?

Edited by TFGBD 2006-10-25 2:25 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-25 2:31 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Check her profile to answer that question, TFGBD.
 Top of the page
sambit Page Icon Posted 2006-10-25 11:20 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

We have done all the work for you to use Wifi on a Jornada 720/728.

A guaranteed to work Wifi card with setup instructions are available to you.

Please check out www.usedhandhelds.com

Thanks
Sambit
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2006-10-25 11:37 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

wow, thats a novel of an answer... but i'll be sure to read it after i finish writing this stupid essay.. i knew there had to be a away... so i'll get back to you in either tonight or tomorrow

thanks
~Q~
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 11