x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Ratoc USB host CF card -- mouse

1 2 3
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-11-17 7:59 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Tallis, I have no idea if the ratoc works on Linux or not. If it is a generic usb host, it probably will, but I am not going to spend $150 to test it. And it would be difficult for an inexperienced Linux user to experiment with an unknown device...
 Top of the page
tallis Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 5:22 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Okay cmonex:

I installed the PPC2002 ARM drives on the Jornada...as you suggested ... and they seemed to install sucessfully. Well, I received a message that said they had!!

However, can you recommend a good and reliable device manager for the Jornada 720/HPC2000?..... so that I can check that installation has been completely successful, and has been recognized.

An aside: on the iPAQ 3870 I used PHM Device Manager to check that the drivers were installed correctly. Using the device manager on my iPAQ, the CFU1U is shown as "other device HCDx". (x=1,2,3...). Device driver "rshcd.dll" is shown under "Driver files". The "RATOC-USB_HOST_CF+Card-57DD" at Plug and Play ID, shows that the card is recognized properly.

Another problem... on the iPAQ I use the MPointer for PPC2002 (see http://www.deje.gmxhome.de/software.html). This is a free-standing, single-file mouse pointer application. This doesn't work on the Jornada. I get an error message:

<<"Cannot find 'MPointer' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and the file name are correct and that all the required libraries are available.">>

It's strange because it's a single executable!... but it is, after all, designated for use with PPC2002, so I reckon that's the problem.

So assuming that the Ratoc ARM driver files -- that is, the Host driver and the HID driver for PPC2002 -- have installed properly, the problem could be down to the pointer app that I'm using?

Are there any mouse pointers for HPC 2000?

....looking forward to hearing your views.

Tallis

Edited by tallis 2006-11-18 5:28 AM
 Top of the page
tallis Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 5:25 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks for your comments ProgramSynthesiser!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 9:15 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

tallis, i'm sure the driver installed. if you can see it in remove apps / control panel it's installed
phm device manager should work with an aygshell.dll though.
btw, this aygshell.dll is needed for the pointer app too. try it, drop the dll in the local dir of the app or maybe in \windows and try to run the app again. use the 16.5k aygshell for a start. (if you want to use other ppc apps while using the pointer app, you might want to hexedit but usually the 16.5k aygshell works well anyway)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 9:16 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

macmee - 2006-11-18 12:35 AM

k, Thanks

ok photos (sorry, not good lighting, if it is too fuzzy i'll try to redo it later)

(nm01.jpg)

(nm02.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments nm01.jpg (57KB - 3 downloads)
Attachments nm02.jpg (42KB - 3 downloads)
 Top of the page
tallis Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 12:09 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hey Cmonex you're a genius!! Thanks for your help so far!
Where did you learn about this stuff? Are you a HPC/PPC developer?

Anyway an update:

I used the 16.5k aygshell has you suggested, and I can now see the mouse pointer and move it around the screen with ease, however there are two slight problems.

First, when I click on the MPoint.exe file to invoke the mouse (pointer) the calibration screen comes up, but does go away after I have calibrated the mouse. It fills about 70% of the screen (top to bottom) covering up the desk-top icons, preventing me from gaining access to them. I can't seem to get rid of this screen except by performing a soft reset. The name tag of a documents folder on the desktop is just slightly exposed (name tag) allowing me to click on this, but the rest are inaccessible. On the iPAQ's this calibration screen fills the entire screen (obviously in portait orientation) and presents and 'exit' button, allowing you to cancel the mouse. This is not visible on the Jornada.

Second -- and this could be related to the item above -- the calibration (through the calibration screen) is slightly out. Say I get access to the document folder and call up a Word doc, I have to click in area below the icon of the doc I'd like to open and not on the icon itself; the same for the the pull down menus -- I have to click about 7 mm below File/Edit etc!

Any ideas? Is it down to the size of aygshell? Perhaps I should go for number 13 --- 22k?

Tallis
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 12:39 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2006-11-18 10:16 AM

macmee - 2006-11-18 12:35 AM

k, Thanks

ok photos (sorry, not good lighting, if it is too fuzzy i'll try to redo it later)

You have three cords there.

Is one a Jornada to serial. then double female. then whats the last?

Where did you get a double female converter?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 3:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

macmee - 2006-11-18 6:39 PM

You have three cords there.

Is one a Jornada to serial. then double female. then whats the last?

Where did you get a double female converter?

i got the thing with one of my jornadas so dunno where it was bought originally. the third cord is just a phone's serial data cable. the converter was bought for connecting the jornada to the phone.

Edited by cmonex 2006-11-18 3:42 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-18 3:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

tallis, glad to hear it worked
i'm not a developer, just have been dealing with hpc stuff for a while (2 years soon ).

you can try winwatch from damnsoft.org to adjust the program to fit the screen. maybe that'll help or you can use okapp to send an OK to the app. btw, i wonder if pressing Win+M will bring this calibration screen into background (better than a soft reset ). or alt+tab for taskmanager.

i think the calibration may be off because the calibration screen isn't fully visible. either winwatch or nyditot could solve that, if the program really wants 320 pixels to calibrate properly. experiment a little
 Top of the page
tallis Page Icon Posted 2006-11-19 4:11 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Great; thanks Cmonex.... I'll try these suggestions.

The OKapp, appears to part of the Cemenu package. The only download link I could find is:
http://hpc.ru/soft/software.phtml?id=4935. I presume that cemenu 0.9b8 is the most up-to-date version available and that I should use this.

Could you tell me a bit more about the Cemenu package and what it does -- my Russian isn't too good!! Also, when using Okapp.exe does it in anyway modify files on the HPC, or just simply provide a single action of closing a 'window' in which an application is running?

Take care, and all the best
Tallis

Edited by tallis 2006-11-19 4:19 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-19 10:30 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

cemenu package isn't needed (it is just the same set of dlls i host too), just okapp from it. okapp doesn't modify anything, just provides the OK action it should sit in the systray and you can use its menu to send the OK command.
 Top of the page
tallis Page Icon Posted 2006-11-19 11:11 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks Cmonex.

Incidentally is OKapp.exe downloadable from your site?

Tallis

Edited by tallis 2006-11-19 11:16 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-19 11:26 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

not yet but it will be included in the update which is coming soon.
 Top of the page
tallis Page Icon Posted 2006-11-20 7:05 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi Cmonex ... okay I copied across only the OKapp.exe file from the cemenu-0.9b8.arm.net ZIP file to the Windows folder on the Jornada... and when I click on it I get and similar message to when I installed the MPointer app:

<<"Cannot find 'okapp' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and the file name are correct and that all the required libraries are available.">>

...so which *.dll do reckon I require?

Incidentally, what is the difference between the 'number 4' aygshell you indicated that I should use earlier, and the one that is contained in the cemenu-0.9b8.arm.net ZIP file. and what are Doclist.dll, mfcce300.dll and olece300.dll used for?

Tallis
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-11-20 12:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, i forgot, the okapp that is on that site is compiled for cenet 4.0. load okapp.exe in execheck and rewrite OS version to 3.0 or lower. annoying little problem i know

doclist/mfcce300/olece300 aren't needed for this program, execheck or a quick look in the app file will tell if/when they are needed. but i'd tell the app to use mfcce301 (which is on my site). so that there are no problems when a hpc2000 program is running that uses another (the hpc) version of mfcce300. (same applies for olece300 in theory but i never had a problem with that one in practice.)

i don't remember which aygshell is in cemenu-0.9b8.arm.net.zip but iirc the dlls in there are all available on my site too. what is the file size of the aygshell in there? anyway general rule is try another aygshell if first one doesn't work well. usually the 16.5k or the newest hou ming's aygshell.dll are the best.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.277 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 11