x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

nav-cam 2007 question

« Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... Next »
Hawkslayer Page Icon Posted 2008-08-07 10:07 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a problem, after installing the Tomtom files from rapidshare, decompressing them and installing them onto a 2GB SD card that goes into my Nav-cam 2007, it doesn't work for me. I have the folders in the root of the card under the names mobilenavigator and North_America and all the files are in them. When I turn on the Nav-cam and press Navigator, nothing happens. Can someone tell me, do the folders have to have different names? Or if you have any other ideas about what is wrong please let me know. Thanks.

Hawkslayer..

Ignore the previous paragraphs. I found out the problem, when I unpacked the compressed files, they place a folder in a folder, thus:

mobilenavigator/mobilenavigator and NorthAmerica/North_America.

I just changed them and all is well.

Great files, Captin. Thanks a lot for going to this trouble for us all. There is one other thing. I'd like to get a manual for Tomtom, which version do I need for your files?

Edited by Hawkslayer 2008-08-07 10:55 AM
 Top of the page
BugMan1960
BugMan1960 Page Icon Posted 2008-08-07 3:30 PM
#
hi, i found the manual at the tomtom website... its the navigator 6 manual... also when you start the tomtom software, you see that tomtom splash screen? you can change that to whatever you want..go crazy with it...
here is the info to change the splash screen..

TOMTOM splash screen

Also can add voices.. found lots of free tomtom voices.. i have mine set as Knight Rider.. hehe
Hope this helps and give you all some ideas..

BugMan1960

dlpinokc@aol.com

Top of the page
Hawkslayer Page Icon Posted 2008-08-08 5:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Anyone know where I can get the England maps? I'm an english guy living in Georgia in the states and am planning a trip home soon. The ones on this site aren't available anymore. Can anyone help please?

Hawkslayer
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2008-08-09 3:10 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I will check all maps download links and replace the ones that are broken. Watch this space.

Edited by Captin 2008-08-09 3:11 AM
 Top of the page
Hawkslayer Page Icon Posted 2008-08-11 8:12 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm watchin' this space, Captin, waiting for somethin' to happen in this neck of the woods.
 Top of the page
Matt
Matt Page Icon Posted 2008-08-19 1:33 PM
#
Captian,

Need you help, cant get any of the links to work to download the TOm TOM softaware please help

matthew.watts@live.co.uk

thanks again
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2008-08-24 1:05 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Top of the page
Hawkslayer Page Icon Posted 2008-08-28 10:02 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks Captin, I really do appreciate the UK maps. I'm leaving for England in around a month and they will come in very useful. Thanks again..

Hawkslayer..
 Top of the page
Hawkslayer Page Icon Posted 2008-08-30 8:40 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'd like to point out a program to you guys. I discovered this program when I was playing around with itineraries. It is a free program called TYRE (Trace Your Route Everywhere) and its made especially to be used with Tomtom. Using the program you can access Google Maps or Google Earth and by clicking directly onto the maps to create waypoints, you can create your itineraries easily. It's a fun program to use and I recommend it to all. This is the link:

http://www.janboersma.nl/gett/index.php

Enjoy!
Hawkslayer..
 Top of the page
vicki
vicki Page Icon Posted 2008-09-01 5:42 PM
#
 Top of the page
alan1812
alan1812 Page Icon Posted 2008-09-04 9:14 AM
#
i have a NAV-CAM 6400 can i use tomtom on it and how can i get the tomtom for it
thanx alan
 Top of the page
Sinpick
Sinpick Page Icon Posted 2008-09-05 1:20 AM
#
Hello

I have read through this whole blog and clicked on every link to acquire the TomTom 6 however I was unable to access the links. I have downloaded several TomTom 6 downloads but I have been unsuccesful in installing it on the Nav-cam. Captain could you please provide me with a copy of your files that are to be loaded in the SD card? or anyone who has it could you please provide them to me? Also where is the root of the SD Card? I know that is probably a dumb question but I'm very new into this. To any one whom helps me thanks a lot

sin_pick@yahoo.com
 Top of the page
alan1812
alan1812 Page Icon Posted 2008-09-05 10:09 AM
#
the root of the memory card is what you see when you open or explore it
 Top of the page
Captin Page Icon Posted 2008-09-05 1:41 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Here is the TomTom 6 for the Nav-Cam 2007.

http://www.chepovski.co.uk/mobilenavigator.rar
 Top of the page
alan1812
alan1812 Page Icon Posted 2008-09-05 6:49 PM
#
thanx Captin
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10