x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Just orderd NEC 900C

1 2 3 4 5
dustbowl0407
dustbowl0407 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-08 7:25 PM
#
NJH - 2007-03-08 4:35 PM

do you have a list of brands that do work?

you never really know, its more a test and see kind of thing. I got a 4gb PQI drive to work, but not very well. If you want to buy one, go with a name brand from a site like newegg.com (cheap) and you will be fine.
 Top of the page
dustbowl0407
dustbowl0407 Page Icon Posted 2007-03-08 7:36 PM
#
Hurricane John - 2007-03-08 7:54 AM

dustbowl0407 - 2007-03-07 9:49 PM

im looking forward to being able to run gapi and cool games. I had a mobilepro 780 before, and i would always look at it and sigh.... It was a good machine for a long time, but I am looking forward to having a newer device

Dustbowl

Don't get your expectation up to high or you might be disappointed with your 900c!

My 780 is a great H/PC and has run flawlessly for years.....my 900c, now that's a different story!
It could be that I set my expections for the 900c a bit to high?

Tell us what you think once you get a chance to play with it?

Dont get me wrong, I loved my 780 . It ran great for three years, and never had a thing wrong with it. I accidently packed it up when moving and have been unable to find it, so I started looking for a new one. Since the 900c's have come down so much in price, I decided to get one. I have always wanted the increased functionaly of USB and CE.net, to name a few enhancements. I hope I wont be dissapointed.... I have heard about the notorious performance issues of the 900c, but I think it will work out pretty well. Itll be next week before I get it, Ill post what I think about it then.
 Top of the page
NJH Page Icon Posted 2007-03-09 11:28 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Trying to get net working on my NEC. I am able to connect just fine using the built in modem and it says it is connected. No web page will load up in IE. Not even google will not load :/ Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
 Top of the page
NJH Page Icon Posted 2007-03-09 2:03 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Come on guys give a newb some help. it just keeps giving me the web page could not load error page even when Im connected
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-09 2:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

NJH, let me see if I understand what you are saying correctly:

1. You made a dial-up connection and are connecting to your ISP using dial up.
2. After connecting, you are opening Internet Explorer, but are getting an error.

Is that correct? If so, a couple of questions:

a. I assume you entered your login name and password when you created the dialup connection?
b. You do not have the LAN box checked in the IE options?
c. Are you able to send and receive email at least through your dialup connection?

Also, have you tried to connect or have you been successful connecting using any other method?

Rich
 Top of the page
NJH Page Icon Posted 2007-03-09 4:45 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

yes I made a dial up connection and I am able to connect to my ISP but when I go to IE it will not load any web page up. and I made sure lan was unchecked also.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-09 5:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Hope your not trying to connect with AOL or some other proprietory ISP....because it won't work. Who is you ISP?

Rich
 Top of the page
NJH Page Icon Posted 2007-03-10 9:34 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

MY ISP is my local internet provider. and Last night while trying it finaly loaded google up and my site. but then when I tried connect again later on kept getting the page could not be loaded.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-10 5:16 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well the fact that it worked one time is good, but it sounds like you are having problems getting the data into your unit, line noise perhaps....maybe try another phone jack or to verify it isn't the unit, try dialup from a friends house or elsewhere.

Rich
 Top of the page
NJH Page Icon Posted 2007-03-10 6:56 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I have tested it at several differant phone outlets and am able to connect and stay connect just IE will not load up the pages.
 Top of the page
NJH Page Icon Posted 2007-03-10 6:58 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I have tested it at several differant phone outlets and am able to connect and stay connect just IE will not load up the pages.

Edited by NJH 2007-03-10 6:58 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-10 7:38 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Still, the fact that the page loaded one time shows that it is trying to work...perhaps go into your connection settings and try slowing down the baud rate and see if that stabilizes the connection.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Rich
 Top of the page
NJH Page Icon Posted 2007-03-10 8:28 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I just tested it using two laptop modem cards and was able to connect but IE still is having problems so and not loading the pages up. so problem it seems is not with the internal modem.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-03-10 8:51 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Nice that you have ruled out hardware problems with the modem, but have you tried it from another house? This might help you rule out telephone line problems at your residence. Another thing you might try is using an alternate browser, like Opera and see if that makes any difference. There is an older beta trial version on my site or Cmonex's that you can try...

Rich
 Top of the page
NJH Page Icon Posted 2007-03-10 9:15 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I cant seem to find it on your site. do you have link to the page?

Edited by NJH 2007-03-10 9:24 PM
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 8