x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Best Jokes, computer or other.

[Frozen]
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next »
Frozen
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-03-29 12:16 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Well I think it needed it's own thread.
A friend of mine was recently typing up his resume and listing his experience with different operating systems. When the Word spelling/grammar checker came across "Windows ME and Linux," it was quick to suggest that "Windows, Linux, and I" would be more appropriate.
Customer: "I don't use DOS. What would happen if I deleted that directory?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One time I had to walk a Windows 95 user through a particular procedure.

Me: "First you need to open DOS-prompt. I'll guide you--"
Customer: "MY COMPUTER DOES NOT HAVE DOS! YOU THINK I RUN THAT ANCIENT SOFTWARE?" (click)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One day I got a call toward the end of the day from a sales rep in Chicago who couldn't get his computer to boot up. We went round and round for about two hours -- nothing worked. I was ready to pull my hair out, but I don't like losing. To lighten the tension of the moment, I started chitchatting with him as we're waiting to see if the machine will restart. He has an IBM ThinkPad, and I told him how much I like mine.

Him: "Yeah, they're ok, but I travel a lot, and I got tired of the darn thing being so heavy, so I installed Windows CE to make it lighter."

BTW this was not my personal experience.

Edited by Yoldering 2005-03-29 12:23 AM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-03-29 5:27 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Jesus and Satan have a discussion as to who is the better programmer. This goes on for a few hours until they come to an agreement to hold a contest, with God as the judge.

They sit themselves at their computers and begin. They type furiously, lines of code streaming up the screen, for several hours straight. Seconds before the end of the competition, a bolt of lightning strikes, taking out the electricity. Moments later, the power is restored, and God announces that the contest is over.

He asks Satan to show what he has come up with. Satan is visibly upset, and cries, "I have nothing. I lost it all when the power went out."

"Very well, then," says God, "let us see if Jesus fared any better."

Jesus enters a command, and the screen comes to life in vivid display, the voices of an angelic choir pour forth from the speakers. Satan is astonished.

He stutters, "B-b-but how? I lost everything, yet Jesus' program is intact. How did he do it?"

God smiled all-knowingly, "Jesus saves."
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-03-30 4:34 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

A lesson in Posting
How many group posters does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

53 to flame the spell checkers

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group

203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be stopped

111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again....
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-03-30 5:20 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Naaah - forums aren't THAT useless...
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-03-31 12:44 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Yoldering - 2005-03-30 2:34 PM

A lesson in Posting
... ...

Now, that's a good one Yoldering! You had me laughing and laughing ...
The things we do on this forum!!

how about adding one more ...

47 to add on that new energy saving bulbs are just not the right color as those old filament types!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-03-31 2:58 PM
#
H/PC Elder

5 to say that Snappy! should have used the word incandescent instead of filament.

20 to flame the 5 posters in defendence of the great Snappy!

-
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-03-31 8:22 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-03-31 1:58 PM

5 to say that Snappy! should have used the word incandescent instead of filament.

-

LOL
Uncle Ben you may like this one...
Sandy Murphy and Udaya Shankar, two researchers at the University of Maryland, recently received a reprint request for their article "A note on the Drinking Philosophers Problem," published in Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems.

Not too unusual, except that the request came from the Research Institute on Alcoholism in Buffalo.

Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-03-31 10:31 PM
#
H/PC Elder

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-03-31 12:58 PM

-

Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-03-31 10:43 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Snappy! - 2005-03-30 11:44 PM

Yoldering - 2005-03-30 2:34 PM

A lesson in Posting
... ...

Now, that's a good one Yoldering! You had me laughing and laughing ...
The things we do on this forum!!

how about adding one more ...

47 to add on that new energy saving bulbs are just not the right color as those old filament types!

I know my last post was not all that funny but this may make up for it Snappy!
Snappy Answers

When someone questions the obvious give them back a snappy answer.

Snappy Answer #1

A flight attendant was stationed at the departure gate to check tickets. As a man approached, she extended her hand for the ticket, and he opened his trench coat and flashed her. Without missing a beat she said, "Sir, I need to see your ticket, not your stub."

Snappy Answer #2

A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store, but couldn't find one big enough for her family. She asked a stock boy, "Do these turkeys get any bigger?" The stock boy replied, "No ma'am, they're dead."

Snappy Answer #3

The cop got out of his car and the kid who was stopped for speeding rolled down his window. "I've been waiting for you all day," the cop said. The kid replied, "Yeah, well I got here as fast as I could." When the cop finally stopped laughing, he sent the kid on his way without a ticket.

Snappy Answer #4

A truck driver was driving along on the freeway. A sign comes up that reads "Low Bridge Ahead." Before he knows it the bridge is right ahead of him and he gets stuck under the bridge. Cars are backed up for miles. Finally, a police car comes up. The cop gets out of his car and walks around to the truck driver, puts his hands on his hips and says, "Got stuck, huh?" The truck driver says, "No, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of gas."

Snappy Answer #5

A crowded United Airlines flight was canceled. A single agent was rebooking a long line of inconvenienced travelers. Suddenly an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket down on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it has to be FIRST CLASS." The agent replied, "I'm sorry sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these folks first, and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out." The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?" Without hesitating, the agent smiled and grabbed her public address microphone. "May I have your attention please," she began her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal. "We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14." With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the United agent, gritted his teeth and swore. "F*** you!" Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry, sir, but you'll have to get in line for that, too."

And the VERY BEST snappy answer ....

Snappy Answer #6, THE TEACHER Snappy Answer OF THE YEAR

A college teacher reminds her class of tomorrow's final exam. "Now class, I won't tolerate any excuses for you not being here tomorrow. I might consider a nuclear attack or a serious personal injury or illness, or a death in your immediate family but that's it, no other excuses whatsoever!" A smart-ass guy in the back of the room raised his hand and asks, "What would you say if tomorrow I said I was suffering from complete and utter sexual exhaustion?" The entire class does its Best to stifle their laughter and snickering. When silence is restored, the teacher smiles sympathetically at the student, shakes her head, and sweetly says, "Well, I guess you'd have to write the exam with your other hand.

Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 12:05 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Yoldering - 2005-03-31 7:43 PM

Snappy Answer #3

The cop got out of his car and the kid who was stopped for speeding rolled down his window. "I've been waiting for you all day," the cop said. The kid replied, "Yeah, well I got here as fast as I could." When the cop finally stopped laughing, he sent the kid on his way without a ticket.

And the VERY BEST snappy answer ....

A college teacher reminds her class of tomorrow's final exam. "Now class, I won't tolerate any excuses for you not being here tomorrow. I might consider a nuclear attack or a serious personal injury or illness, or a death in your immediate family but that's it, no other excuses whatsoever!" A smart-ass guy in the back of the room raised his hand and asks, "What would you say if tomorrow I said I was suffering from complete and utter sexual exhaustion?" The entire class does its Best to stifle their laughter and snickering. When silence is restored, the teacher smiles sympathetically at the student, shakes her head, and sweetly says, "Well, I guess you'd have to write the exam with your other hand.

I don't know if these are genuine Snappy! answers, but hey sure are funny!!!
Hahah isn't #6 going just a bit overboard for OT?
Ah, can't wait until he replies...

-Uh, oh. Now the forum is going to start making fun of the top 3 posters! Snappy! and C:Amie, we have to tow that van!
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 6:11 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yoldering - 2005-03-31 10:43 PM

SNIP

Yep, I was there too that day ... funny, I don't remember you being there Yolde-Ring! Ring! Here's how part of that conversation went!

Attachments
----------------
Attachments sexactiv(1).wav (68KB - 78 downloads)
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 6:46 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-03-31 1:58 PM

SNIP
Uncle Ben you may like this one...
Sandy Murphy and Udaya Shankar, two researchers at the University of Maryland, recently received a reprint request for their article "A note on the Drinking Philosophers Problem," published in Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems.

Not too unusual, except that the request came from the Research Institute on Alcoholism in Buffalo.

Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 9:42 AM
#
H/PC Elder

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA ...

gee guys ... that was ... ... FUNNY!!!!

well, let me chip in a Snappy Answer myself!

Snappy Answer #7, The Teacher #2
Next semester after the spring break, classes resumes. The teacher goes on for a full hour on paradoxes, discrete mathematics, negates etc etc. She then concludes with the statement: "Two wrongs dun make one right, and neither does do two rights make one wrong!"

From the back of the class, someone murmurs "Ya, right".

DISCLAIMER: The above Snappy Answer #7 was shamelessly adapted from another similar joke. All similarities are intentional.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 10:09 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Hehehehe

Top Signs of Net Addiction
You wake up at 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom and stop to check your e-mail on the way back to bed.

You get a tattoo that reads "This body best viewed with Netscape Navigator 3 or higher."

You name your children Eudora, Mozilla and Dotcom.

You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, like you just pulled the plug on a loved one.

You spend half of the plane trip with your laptop on your lap...and your child in the overhead compartment.

You decide to stay in college for an additional year or two, just for the free Internet access.

You laugh at people with 28,800 modems.

You start using smiley's in your snail mail.

Your hard drive crashes.

You haven't logged in for two hours. You start to twitch.

You pick up the phone and manually dial your ISP's access number.

You try to hum to communicate with the modem. And you succeed.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-01 8:08 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yoldering - 2005-04-01 7:09 AM

You try to hum to communicate with the modem. And you succeed.

Well I haven't tried THAT one yet...
 Top of the page
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 51 - Executed queries : 36