x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

-=Quake Raven=-
-=Quake Raven=- Page Icon Posted 2007-05-04 10:18 AM
#
Hi all, i've installed the tcpmp player on my mobilepro 900c whit the cenet4.2 custom rom (cmonex custom rom ), when i have tried to play a video the screen turn black and now woldn't turn on the backlight, i have just tried a soft reset and the backlight turn off when windows start, can anyone help me?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-04 9:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

this question has been asked so many times... press the brightness key to get the backlight back, then go to advanced settings in tcpmp and disable the backlight keepalive

Edited by cmonex 2007-05-04 9:01 PM
 Top of the page
DonL0001 Page Icon Posted 2007-05-05 1:49 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2007-05-04 10:00 PM

this question has been asked so many times... press the brightness key to get the backlight back, then go to advanced settings in tcpmp and disable the backlight keepalive

Just a nitpick, I think, if the problem is the backlight turning off, wouldn't the solution be to ENABLE the backlight keepalive?

Regards, Don
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-05 2:01 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

no! this keepalive feature is buggy on some cenet systems including the 900c. so yes you DISABLE it. (by default it is enabled, sadly.)

Edited by cmonex 2007-05-05 2:02 AM
 Top of the page
-=Quake Raven=-
-=Quake Raven=- Page Icon Posted 2007-05-05 9:20 AM
#
The backlight don't turn on with any button, i have performed the hard reset and disabled the keepalive backlight in the tcpmp.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-05-05 1:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah well, i guess the brightness button helps only if you do it before a soft reset (just a guess, my experience seems so)
 Top of the page
derrickdrew17
derrickdrew17 Page Icon Posted 2007-06-04 3:15 PM
#
I did a benchmark Using TCPMP and after it was done when I go and touch the screen with the stylist it goes black.. thats olny when i touch the screen with anything any ideas?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2007-06-04 3:31 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Go to the control panel, and click on the display icon, click on the backlight tab, and then click ok, nothing more, that should reset the screen back to where it doesn't turn off when you touch the touchscreen....

Rich
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-05 1:17 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rich: interestingly that never worked for me even though i read this solution in 2005. for me the brightness key press worked. but here several people had to HR (same for me once)
 Top of the page
Sch01ar Page Icon Posted 2007-06-09 10:43 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have no backlight problems, but when I tap the screeen, to drag the volume slider, play/ pause, etc, the screen goes black for as long as the stylus is on the screen. Anyone else get this? (900c, cmonex rom etc)

S
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-09 11:14 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah, that is again caused by TCPMP. read what Rich said above
 Top of the page
Sch01ar Page Icon Posted 2007-06-09 1:55 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yeah - u right again That works fine. How about this one - I use the Yame emulator on all my HPCs - PC too - but on the 900Cmonex it "pauses" for a second every 45 seconds or so, making things pretty unplayable. It does this using GAPI or the windows API. Morphgear (which I hate) runs fine. If you can solve this I'll buy the whole family ice creams in your name at the park tomorrow
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-06-09 2:36 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i wish i had an idea about emulators but i'm not into games.. sorry. it would deserve a thread of its own.
 Top of the page
Sch01ar Page Icon Posted 2007-06-09 3:38 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Right u r Ma'am - but I thiink I'll get some ice creams anyway - it's very warm in the UK right now.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.255 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 10