x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

successfully installed Adobe Reader 1.0 on my MobilePro

quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-01-27 10:16 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I successfully installed the Adobe Reader 1.0 you all provide on this site. I did this on my NEC MobilePro 790, using the MIPs version, installed to the storage card, and it works wonderfully.

Thank you for providing this.

I read your pages on the potential problems with conflicting files due to replaced system files. But when I installed, it did not replace any system files and so far there have been no conflicts. The Adobe Reader works well and I can get a full page view instead of having to scroll around as I did with Ansyr Primer.
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-01-27 2:15 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

quiche - 2006-01-27 10:16 AM

The Adobe Reader works well and I can get a full page view instead of having to scroll around as I did with Ansyr Primer.

Strange - How were you not able to get a full screen view with Primer??
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-01-27 5:04 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I vaguely remember having to scroll sideways with the edition of Primer which I had which is the one that came with the MobilePro. With the Adobe, I don't have to scroll sideways to read.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 8:49 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

quiche - 2006-01-27 3:16 PM
I read your pages on the potential problems with conflicting files due to replaced system files. But when I installed, it did not replace any system files and so far there have been no conflicts. The Adobe Reader works well and I can get a full page view instead of having to scroll around as I did with Ansyr Primer.
The 1.0 was re-released later last year with fixes for the system file glitches. It does cover that in the CESD.
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-01-28 11:20 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

For the record......just like in Pocket Acrobat 1.0, you can adjust the page size in Primer to fit the width of your screen so that you won't have to scroll across the page.

Anyway - Glad you are enjoying Pocket Acrobat 1.0.
 Top of the page
BrianD
BrianD Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 2:00 AM
#
quiche - 2006-01-26 4:16 PM
I successfully installed the Adobe Reader 1.0 you all provide on this site. I did this on my NEC MobilePro 790, using the MIPs version, installed to the storage card, and it works wonderfully. ... I read your pages on the potential problems with conflicting files due to replaced system files. But when I installed, it did not replace any system files and so far there have been no conflicts.

C:Amie - 2006-01-28 2:49 AM
The 1.0 was re-released later last year with fixes for the system file glitches. It does cover that in the CESD.

Yesterday I have installed Acrobat Reader 1.0 on my MobilePro 790 using the .cab installer provided on this site for MIPS (file: arceMIPSr-a.HPC_4000.cab).
I have installed it on a CF card, of course.

However Acrobat Reader didn't work in my system, until I hexedited the .cab installer, substituting the 3 references to 'mfcce300.dll' with 'mfcce301.dll' (which, by the way, is provided in the installer itself).

Maybe this is obvious, maybe it is a bug of the installer, I don't know, I only hope it helps someone.

Apart from this: many thanks for providing AR for HPC. It is still a very nice piece of software, and quite fast too, at least considering the limitations of the platform.
At first sight, it seems better than Primer.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 9:12 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

BrianD - 2006-04-25 8:00 AM

However Acrobat Reader didn't work in my system, until I hexedited the .cab installer, substituting the 3 references to 'mfcce300.dll' with 'mfcce301.dll' (which, by the way, is provided in the installer itself).

Maybe this is obvious, maybe it is a bug of the installer, I don't know, I only hope it helps someone.

this is not a bug, it is intentional as hpcfactor could not afford officially releasing a hexedited software. i can understand this situation but often causes problems. i think the readme could include a warning on this (does it? i didn't read it if there's one... )
so, the hexedited version is on my site, has been there for a while both for hpc2000 and for cenet. but i forgot to post the link to the MIPS version there. will do it soon the file is there though, http://csakugy2.atw.hu/acroreader10MIPS.zip

edit: oh wait you mean the installer installed mfcce301 and not 300? lol that is certainly a bug then! mention it to C:Amie please.

Edited by cmonex 2006-04-25 9:16 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 11:14 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok, my site is UPDATED! acrobat reader 1.0 for mips etc etc
 Top of the page
BrianD
BrianD Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 6:40 PM
#
cmonex - 2006-04-24 3:12 PM
ithis is not a bug, it is intentional as hpcfactor could not afford officially releasing a hexedited software. i can understand this situation but often causes problems. i think the readme could include a warning on this (does it? i didn't read it if there's one... )

I understand that hpcfactor doesn't what to host hexedited software (even if I do not understand why this should be considered illegal) but maybe it could have a link to an external site.
Anyway, there is no readme.

edit: oh wait you mean the installer installed mfcce301 and not 300? lol that is certainly a bug then!

Yes! And also aygshell.dll and Doclist.dll (but I do not know whether this is right or is a bug).

mention it to C:Amie please.

How? PM?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 7:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

BrianD - 2006-04-26 12:40 AM

I understand that hpcfactor doesn't what to host hexedited software (even if I do not understand why this should be considered illegal) but maybe it could have a link to an external site.
Anyway, there is no readme.

edit: oh wait you mean the installer installed mfcce301 and not 300? lol that is certainly a bug then!

Yes! And also aygshell.dll and Doclist.dll (but I do not know whether this is right or is a bug).

mention it to C:Amie please.

How? PM?

yeah, PM... or email

aygshell and doclist are required to run acrobat reader.

yeah they could provide a link to MY site!
 Top of the page
BrianD
BrianD Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 7:15 PM
#
cmonex - 2006-04-25 1:03 AM

Yes, now I know. But are they included in the original distribution of Acrobat Reader or have been added later to make it compatible with HPCs?

yeah they could provide a link to MY site!

Commercials everywhere...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-25 8:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

BrianD - 2006-04-26 1:15 AM

Yes, now I know. But are they included in the original distribution of Acrobat Reader or have been added later to make it compatible with HPCs?

they were added later, they are the "dummy" dll's to hack pocketpc apps.
 Top of the page
BrianD
BrianD Page Icon Posted 2006-04-26 7:03 AM
#
cmonex - 2006-04-25 2:59 AM

BrianD - 2006-04-26 1:15 AM

they were added later, they are the "dummy" dll's to hack pocketpc apps.

Ok. In this case I don't understand why it is considered legal to add files to a package (a .cab installer) and not legal to change some text strings in a binary file.

I would understand if one had crack the binary code, for example for breaking a protection, but changing some strings cannot be considered a crack, rather an inoffensive hack.

I'm rather confused
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.280 - Cached queries : 48 - Executed queries : 28