x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Word file with graphics

1 2
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 11:00 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I have a word file with jpg and gif images. I can pull the file up within Pocket Word (HPC Pro version), but I do not get the images.

I would like to get the images too. How?
 Top of the page
Jorkapp Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 11:45 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Pocket Word does not support embedded graphics.

If your HPC Pro machine happens to be one of the few ARM-based HPC Pro machines, try Textmaker:

http://www.softmaker.com/english/tmhdetail_en.htm
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 11:59 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It is actually possible to paste images into Pocket Word using OLE, however perform a file conversion or move it about and they get stripped. As Jorkapp says, have a look at TextMaker - Review: http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=39
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 12:18 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

If it were for reading purposes only, could he use the CE.NET word viewer program that CmoneX has posted in order to be able to view the graphics?

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2006-05-16 12:19 PM
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 12:30 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I have textmaker on my handheld pro and it did pull up the file - but the pictures are in disarray and some of the pictures you can't move around and the text won't wrap around them.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 12:32 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Rich Hawley - 2006-05-16 12:18 PM

If it were for reading purposes only, could he use the CE.NET word viewer program that CmoneX has posted in order to be able to view the graphics?

Rich

I'm working on my Hitachi eplate. SH4 processor on Windows CE 2.11. I don't think it will work, will it?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 12:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Ooops, nope...sorry, that's what I get for assuming...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 1:07 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to H/PC Pro Support

SH4 is not a general kettle of fish, it's Coy Carp territory.
 Top of the page
YOM Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 2:53 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Good afternoon;

My Canadian .02 worth, and I am using the same machine, if it is for viewing purposes only. Convert the file to an rtf format, which will embed the graphics, and then use a reader like uBook on the ePlate to view the files.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 4:54 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

YOM - 2006-05-16 2:53 PM

Good afternoon;

My Canadian .02 worth, and I am using the same machine, if it is for viewing purposes only. Convert the file to an rtf format, which will embed the graphics, and then use a reader like uBook on the ePlate to view the files.

I just tried it. It turned my 6 page .doc file into a 26 page 17mb .rtf file. I had to put it on a CF card because this is to much to sync.

It does work in uBook, but it takes a lot of time to load and is slow moving too.

Here's an idea - convert the .doc file into .pdf. So I'm scouting on the internet now for free converters. I do have the Primer reader too on my handheld pro
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 6:53 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ubook is slow IMO...
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-05-16 11:43 PM
#
H/PC Elite

This is why I like Psion Epoc O/S. You can put graphics in any format. I wish Microsoft would do this for Win CE. Even recording you can stop, cut out and add recording to existing one. My 5MX is staying with me.

S/F,
CEYA!

Edited by Ceya 2006-05-16 11:47 PM
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 7:57 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Okay I converted to PDF. I have Ansyr Primer v.2.3. It loaded the file quick - BUT no graphics! I found Primer 3.1 and will load that onto my Hitachi Eplate and see if that is better.
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 8:41 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

quiche - 2006-05-17 7:57 AM

Okay I converted to PDF. I have Ansyr Primer v.2.3. It loaded the file quick - BUT no graphics! I found Primer 3.1 and will load that onto my Hitachi Eplate and see if that is better.

quiche

Have you tried looking at the translated file using Acrobat Reader on your desktop? if the graphics don't show up in Acrobat Reader on your desktop, then it has nothing to do with Ansyr Primer...the translation dropped the graphics!

You should be able to view graphics using either v2.3 or 3.1.....unless of course you have the graphic display turned off in Primer in order to load and view the PDF file faster??
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 1:20 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hurricane John - 2006-05-17 8:41 AM

quiche - 2006-05-17 7:57 AM

quiche

Have you tried looking at the translated file using Acrobat Reader on your desktop? if the graphics don't show up in Acrobat Reader on your desktop, then it has nothing to do with Ansyr Primer...the translation dropped the graphics!

You should be able to view graphics using either v2.3 or 3.1.....unless of course you have the graphic display turned off in Primer in order to load and view the PDF file faster??

Hey, Hurricane John,

Yes, the graphics showed on Acrobat Reader on my laptop.

I didn't realize you could turn on and off graphic display in Primer. How? I did look at the menu items and didn't see this option. Where do I find it?
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 51 - Executed queries : 30