x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Ambicom BT & NEC 780

1 2
Vladymir
Vladymir Page Icon Posted 2006-05-22 5:54 PM
#
Alas, nothing happen. After instaling the dll and reseting the PDA the error message occurs on the screen.
 Top of the page
Vladymir
Vladymir Page Icon Posted 2006-05-22 5:58 PM
#
Alas, nothing happen. After installing the new dll and starting Blue Neighbors the error message still is visible on the screen.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-22 7:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

geez

i guess i'd need the physical card to troubleshoot further. are you sure you have the older ambicom model?
 Top of the page
Vladymir
Vladymir Page Icon Posted 2006-05-23 3:11 AM
#
It's BT2000-CF. As I know there is no other AmbiCom CF card compatibile with older versions of Win CE.
 Top of the page
Vladymir
Vladymir Page Icon Posted 2006-05-23 8:45 AM
#
Let's see the problem from other side: may the soft dedicated to AmbiCom wokr with another Bluetooth CF Card, for example Pretec, Belkin, Socketcom? The newer card have soft only for Pocket PC 2002 or newer. No one of them work with a handheld.
Is there a universal BT soft for HPC, working with many BT CF cards?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-23 11:55 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i seriously doubt it would work with socket's drivers. i don't know any pretec bt cards (surely there's one but i don't know anything about it), the belkin ones are mostly widcomm stack, it will not be compatible with the old ambicom, only with the new one (which has ambicom branded widcomm drivers anyway)

no universal bt software, but the most common is the widcomm stack. however it will not work with many cards, and will definitely NOT work with a MP780. it is ppc2000 and higher so for hacking it requires hpc2000 or higher. (it does work on such hpc's)

my recommendation- buy a socket card... BL-4508-309... rev F or older will surely work, maybe the newer ones (rev G, H) will too, unsure, i don't have any (just an E and an F)

Edited by cmonex 2006-05-23 11:59 AM
 Top of the page
Vladymir
Vladymir Page Icon Posted 2006-05-23 5:15 PM
#
Once I had a Socketcom BT card with Jornada 680. Socketcom really works with WinCE 2.11, but is not functionally. There is no possibility to use BT network, no file transfer, no other services. Socketcom with Win Ce 2.11 works only as a wireless modem with a cellphone having BT module.
Socket Drivers DOES NOT WORK with another CF card. The driver statring read all the installed CF card signatures and if none of them is Socketcom, the driver will not run.
We live in the word of hard competition where every manufacturer makes his product unusuable with another manufacturer's devices
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-23 5:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you think its not functional? if it can do DUN i'm happy. for file transfer IR is enough for me
i've never seen a bluetooth LAN anywhere... lol
or if you want to use activesync via bt, i can understand why you're not content with the hpc pro driver, but lan / wlan sync is faster anyway...
so if you feel it is not functional, it can still be very functional for others (me).
your two only options is ambicom and socket, and if ambicom doesn't work... well the only solution is to upgrade to hpc2000? get a nice nec 790 rom on ebay for your 780, it is 50$ + shipping

Edited by cmonex 2006-05-23 6:00 PM
 Top of the page
Vladymir
Vladymir Page Icon Posted 2006-05-24 3:29 AM
#
It's very bad news for me, but You're right ;-( The NEC I prepare for my friend. I have a Jornada 720 with Socketcom BT. In HPC2000 Socket is fully functionally: I can send a picture from Jornada to BT viewer, I can connect my PDA to PC via BT LAN, can use wireless ActiveSync, can transfer any kind of data between Jornada and cellphone. When my friend the NEC owner has shown my Jornada's possibility, he ordered me to prepare his NEC the same way. On HPC Factor I have seen that AmbiCom BT is comaptibile with WinCE 2.11. So I bought the CF card on internet auction and that's starting our sofware troublesholding...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-24 8:47 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, i know the socket bt, i have two of them... don't give up, i see the nec 790 rom is just 45$ now on ebay (my1990). check it out!!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-25 12:54 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

And the seller is a registered user here. (Remember, that's who SueNY got her J720 from.)
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.226 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11