x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Create activesync partnership manually?

mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 2:06 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

It seems as though my travel dock (that has a serial port for activesync connection) for my Clio is dead. I have a belkin usb->serial adapter that I'm using because it has Transmit/Receive LEDs that light up when the respective signals are detected. And when I tell the Clio to try to connect to the desktop (Start->Programs->Communications->PC Link), none of the LEDs light up on the usb->serial adapter, however they do light up when I tell activesync on the desktop to search for devices.

So because of all this, is there a way to manually create a partnership so I can at LEAST sync wirelessly by WLAN? I'm desperate here

Edited by mscdex 2006-05-28 2:30 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 9:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You can reverse engineer CESDC0027, however it wont create the Profile cache in the documents and settings hierachy which means you will have problems when it comes to actually Synchronising.
 Top of the page
brentonboy
brentonboy Page Icon Posted 2006-06-02 6:15 PM
#
you can do it wirelessly by infared. i lost my serial cable and had to set up a connection this way.

first you create a new connection on XP: "set up an advanced connection" -> "accept incoming connections" -> check "infared port" (or whatever, i guess)

then on your handheld, open activesync. select "infrared port" where it says "choose a method to connect to the selected desktop computer. or maybe you have to go to "remote networking" first and make a new connection that's infared with all the right settings.

ultimately, you line up the infared, fire up activesync on the handheld and click connect, then the XP computer shoudl respond.

anyway, if you dont' have infrared, maybe my method will help you discover something that works for you.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11