x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J680 sticky keys! (N key)

Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 8:40 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi guys, yeah, I know, long time no see, been busy with college work, computer formats, lost passwords (I thought I lost it for a second), beta testing, you know, life at times.
Anyway, I tried to upgrade Jodie about a few months ago with a modem, then discovering it didn't have a modem socket!

Anyway, when I eventually put her back together, Jodie's N key didn't work quite right, so I put her away for a while, came back to it recently, still the dodgey N key.

Which is a right bugger, because my address is "Fishbourne", no N sounds like Fishboure. So I took the key off, and the N key stopped. Anyway, its a case of either the key stops completely, because the PC ignores it or the key is permiantly stuck.
Any suggestions?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 9:11 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Is it possible that when y ou hade the device apart, you put something down on the back of the keyboard? (something magnetic like a screwdriver)

If you push the rubber sucker down like it is in the photo, I take it that the problem is still identical to when the key is on it?
Therefore it's either sucker contect or an issue on the circuit track.
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 5:27 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2006-05-29 2:11 PM

Is it possible that when y ou hade the device apart, you put something down on the back of the keyboard? (something magnetic like a screwdriver)

If you push the rubber sucker down like it is in the photo, I take it that the problem is still identical to when the key is on it?
Therefore it's either sucker contect or an issue on the circuit track.

Probably the latter, which means I may need a new keyboard, I'll get a new Mobo too if thats the case. JORNADA CENTRAL!! HERE I COME!
(P.s. Seen any replacement covers for a J720? Mines getting well scratched!)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11