x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Web browser for CE 2.11

1 2 3
512dev
512dev Page Icon Posted 2006-05-09 6:39 PM
#
cmonex - 2006-05-09 5:46 PM

and PIE3 can load pages at the same time? don't you have some setting wrong in worldtalk?

Yes, PIE3 works.

Ok, here's the deal:

I connect to the internet (serial cable+proxy, dialup, whatever, fails on both)
I open WorldTalk
I type in "www.google.com" or whatever address and hit enter

...and nothing happens.

Top of the page
512dev
512dev Page Icon Posted 2006-05-09 7:45 PM
#
Nevermind, I got it to work strangely

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-09 8:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow. ok, glad to hear that
 Top of the page
Derek.HPCManiac
Derek.HPCManiac Page Icon Posted 2006-05-14 1:12 PM
#
have you set-up the World Talk Proxy config???
 Top of the page
Paulius
Paulius Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 2:09 AM
#
Would there be one that works with SH-3 processors? I have CE 2.11 on a Jornada 680e
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 2:12 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

We're only aware of a MIPS version of WorldTalk. I'm not aware of any alternatives to PIE 3 for SH3 devices.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-05-28 2:20 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

The only other thing I can think of is AvantGo and Microsoft's Channels... Except they save the site to the handheld rather than live browsing.. Also, I mentioned Pocket Browser earlier, however, I think that one may be even the same, if not worse to PIE..
 Top of the page
tundrwd Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 9:52 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Can someone list what WorldTalk does over and above PIE3? I DL'ed it and tried it, looks like a "wrapper" for PIE. So what does WT offer over PIE?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 10:27 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

tundrwd - 2006-05-29 3:52 PM

Can someone list what WorldTalk does over and above PIE3? I DL'ed it and tried it, looks like a "wrapper" for PIE. So what does WT offer over PIE?

it's not a wrapper. for one, the login thing isn't broken in it, you can log in with it on forums (hpcfactor etc). etc..
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 12:41 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

tundrwd - 2006-05-29 9:52 AM

I think Worldtalk has javascript support and PIE3 doesn't? Don't quote me on that last part though
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 12:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

PIE3 was the first PIE release to support a JScript subset. It's limited though. v4 extends upon that, adding more capabilities and adds VBScript. PIE3 has no VB support.

Worldtalk lets you log into this forum ...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-31 5:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i got IE4 binaries (thanks to thcrw739),

for mips only sadly.

i doubt it will work well even if i get it to launch properly on hpc pro. at the moment it starts to launch on a nec 770, draws the address bar (in a strange place) then exits.
of course i managed to break PIE3 with the IE4 registry settings

why do i doubt it? i tried the binaries on the nec 789 (hpc2000) too, if i copied only the ie4 exe it launched though a little slowly but successfully rendering the default home page (you know the winCE one). when i copied mshtml.dll too ("overwriting" the ROM file), it still launched, started to try and render the page, but never finished, or at least not for over half a minute when i got impatient and exited it

so something is clearly wrong with it.

Edited by cmonex 2006-05-31 5:43 PM
 Top of the page
oliverredfox Page Icon Posted 2006-05-31 8:14 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

cmonex - 2006-05-31 2:43 PM

i got IE4 binaries (thanks to thcrw739),

for mips only sadly.

i doubt it will work well even if i get it to launch properly on hpc pro. at the moment it starts to launch on a nec 770, draws the address bar (in a strange place) then exits.
of course i managed to break PIE3 with the IE4 registry settings

why do i doubt it? i tried the binaries on the nec 789 (hpc2000) too, if i copied only the ie4 exe it launched though a little slowly but successfully rendering the default home page (you know the winCE one). when i copied mshtml.dll too ("overwriting" the ROM file), it still launched, started to try and render the page, but never finished, or at least not for over half a minute when i got impatient and exited it

so something is clearly wrong with it.

Did you mean you tried it on a nec 790?
I grabbed the IE4 (for mips) files for EPODS from http://www.geocities.com/epodsfiles/ie4epods.zip
The iexplorer executable worked fine on my Intermec 6651. Is this the same EXE you were using?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-31 10:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i have tried two exes, one from that zip, another from another source. both worked fine, but the exe isn't the IE engine itself. that is hidden in MSHTML.DLL which is a large 2-3 MB file.... so you see.. when i copied MSHTML too, it never finished rendering the page. i just saw the blue bar at the bottom, about the progress, that was all.
 Top of the page
oliverredfox Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 1:47 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Out of curiousity, does can the EXE run on a windows CE 2.11 machine without the updated MSHTML engine? I'm curious because IE for the IBM workpad z50 can never do 16bit color correctly (only 8bit works right), and wonder if the hpc 2000 version would.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 13