x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

jornada 728 wifi and connection at public access point

charmian
charmian Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 10:00 AM
#
I have a jornada 728 and a 2-wire wireless card with orinoco driver. The wireless card picks up the existence of several transmitters in an internet cafe but having selected the one emanating from the cafe and setting up the profile nothing happens. A user in the cafe told me I ought to get IE starting up. The 720 has IE 4 installed.
I would like to connect to a remote access system at college and the people implementing that say it will only run from IE 6. It is a citrix metaframe client that starts up when I use the ras normally in a cafe with its own computers. Is the advice from the college correct? If so, is it possible to run IE6 from a compact flash card?
(the icing on the cake would be if the system would run with my jornada 820).
I would be most grateful for any help.
Charmian

Edited by charmian 2006-05-30 10:04 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 10:21 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you can install a citrix client for hpc, don't know if it is compatible with your college system.

at the internet cafe, you start IE4, and type in some url and you should be able to browse the internet...

IE6 can't run on any jornada yet. (working on it )
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 4:50 PM
#
IE6 can't run on any jornada yet. (working on it )

Really? Is this related to the backport of the CE.net viewers by any chance? Good luck. If you get IE6 working you'd go down in mobile computing history...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-30 6:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah if you mean both originate from PB..
would be real cool to get this to work yeah... seems like a lot of trial and error at the moment.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11