x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help with Qmail on MP770?

Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 9:12 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi all,

I wrote last week when I was having trouble getting my Socket LP CF wifi card to work. You guys were great. I guess there was a problem with my CF slot, or the card. I am now writing this on my 770, hooked up by a Orinoco Silver PC card. I'm using Worldtalk and everything is faster than I expected.

Anyway, my new problem is sending outgoing mail with Qmail. It receives perfectly, but when I write a new message and click send, nothing happens. When I hit reply from within a message, or forward, the screen doesn't change. My mail server is not SSL.

There is one thing that I was unclear about in the setup, I haven't seen a separate entry for "SMTP host" before. At first I left it blank. Then I plugged in my outgoing mail server. That didn't help. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jodi
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 10:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you could try netfront 3.0 as well

not sure why you cant send, are you using your ISP's smtp server? you should.
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-06-05 11:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi,

I've been watching your posts on Netfront. I'm pretty sure that, at this point, it's beyond me to set it up. When I think I can do it with a minimum of hand-holding, I'll give it a shot.

What's strange with Qmail is that when I choose reply or forward, the screen doesn't even change. Yes, I'm using my ISPs mail server. I have all the same info plugged into nPop and it works fine. I was just hoping to be able to use the newsreader feature of Qmail.

Is "SMTP host", the same as "outgoing mail server"?
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-06-07 12:53 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Well I couldn't get Qmail working right, had some other problems too. But nPop works perfectly, and I went searching for a newsreader and found Inkspot which also works very nicely.

Jodi
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 15