x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket Streets 2001 problem

quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-05-21 6:17 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I have the Hitachi Eplate with 32 megs of memory. I have Pocket Streets 2001 installed. I can load and view maps that have been converted from MS Streets 2003. I can move the map around on the screen and also zoom and unzoom. I can even get all the "points of interest" to show.

However, I cannot get the program on the Eplate to Find Address. When I attempt to do so, I get the following message:

"The available memory is not sufficient. Close some applications or windows, and try again."

I have no other programs open, although I do have Calligrapher going in the tray in order to use the keyboard to type in the address.

I have just over 20 mb free on the device for program memory. And I see in WR-Tools that there is 15mb free when I attempt to "Find Address." This is as much program memory as I am able to clear up. As it is, most of my programs are stored on the PCMCIA card. I do have Pocket Streets and the map on the PCMCIA card - could this be causing the problem?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-21 8:06 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It isn't exactly trying to fix the issue, however, have you tried Pocket Streets 2002?
There is a SH4 binary
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-05-21 11:07 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

quiche - 2006-05-21 6:17 AM

I have the Hitachi Eplate with 32 megs of memory. I have Pocket Streets 2001 installed. I can load and view maps that have been converted from MS Streets 2003. I can move the map around on the screen and also zoom and unzoom. I can even get all the "points of interest" to show.

However, I cannot get the program on the Eplate to Find Address. When I attempt to do so, I get the following message:

"The available memory is not sufficient. Close some applications or windows, and try again."

Quiche

Bad news - Sounds like you are trying to locate addresses, using converted MS Streets 2003 maps? I believe that the address seach function is striped out during the conversion process, so it will not work!! The conversion allows you to view the maps but the address search function is not useable.

Pocket Streets 2001 cannot read unconverted maps created using MS Streets and Trips 2002 or higher.

Your best bet is to get a copy of PS 2002 as Chris suggested and then you won't even need to use the conversion process.

Edited by Hurricane John 2006-05-21 11:10 AM
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-05-21 4:58 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

It worked, John and C:Amie. I got my hands on a copy of Pocket Streets 2002 and installed that on the Eplate. Then I gave it road-test (ha-ha-ha) using maps from Microsoft Streets 2003 - and it worked. I didn't convert the map (indeed an old converted map I had on the Eplate would not load). I just did it with the 2003 map and tried to find an address - and it did it.

Thanks for your help. Yet another success story!
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-05-22 8:32 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

quiche - 2006-05-21 4:58 PM

It worked, John and C:Amie. I got my hands on a copy of Pocket Streets 2002 and installed that on the Eplate. Then I gave it road-test (ha-ha-ha) using maps from Microsoft Streets 2003 - and it worked. I didn't convert the map (indeed an old converted map I had on the Eplate would not load). I just did it with the 2003 map and tried to find an address - and it did it.

Thanks for your help. Yet another success story!

The 2004 maps can also be viewed using Pocket Streets 2002 - check these out - 2004 Map Downloads
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11