x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 430se questions

jornada720 Page Icon Posted 2006-08-22 7:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Im thinking of getting a new Jornada 430se off ebay. I have a few questions:
1) Where can i get a cheap ac adaptor for it?
2) Where can i find programs for it?
3) Does TCPMP work with it?
4) Is there any 'dust' under the screen like the 560 series?

Thanks a ton!!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-22 7:10 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Okay, the Jornada 430se is a Palm Size PC, not a Pocket PC..
2.) You can find some games and apps on my website, which has a forum section for Palm Sized PCs... http://computerforum.jconserv.net/
3.) I do not see why TCPMP would not work, as I think it works with CE 2.0 and above, although I am not sure about playback performance..
Also, CE Geek has hacked Pocket PC programs on his Palm Size PC (though his is MIPS).. I believe Pocket TV has a PsPC version..
Joseph
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-22 9:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

tcpmp will not start on ce 2.0.

will on 2.11 though.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-08-22 10:54 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Also, here is a link to Pocket TV: http://www.pockettv.com/legacy.html#download
Secondly, more programs .. This site should help as well..
http://www.conduits.com/products.asp
You may see many versions for Pocket PC, but there are some Palm Size PC versions as well..
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-08-23 3:22 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

tenjeangosi - 2006-08-22 4:10 PM

Okay, the Jornada 430se is a Palm Size PC, not a Pocket PC..
2.) You can find some games and apps on my website, which has a forum section for Palm Sized PCs... http://computerforum.jconserv.net/
3.) I do not see why TCPMP would not work, as I think it works with CE 2.0 and above, although I am not sure about playback performance..
Also, CE Geek has hacked Pocket PC programs on his Palm Size PC (though his is MIPS).. I believe Pocket TV has a PsPC version..
Joseph

Both PocketTV and TCPMP will work in both MIPS and SH3 Palm-size PCs with CE 2.11 (the Jornada 4xx series is SH3) - and, yes, PocketTV will work in 2.01 Palm-size PCs, as can be seen from the link provided by tenjeangosi above, though of course those devices are monochrome only. Wodeon will also work. There is also a version of Windows Media Player for Palm-size PC; tenjeangosi found some download links for that. (Of course, these are all free.)

My success in making Pocket PC apps work in the Palm-size PC has been the result of using the same hexedited files that cmonex has supplied for making Pocket PC apps work in H/PC Pro. Unfortunately, that success has been limited to MIPS devices thus far because, as cmonex has pointed out, there are very few usable SH3 DLL files to hexedit. The Jornada 4xx series is a high-quality device, but that's the one limitation. That's why I settled on the Casio Cassiopeia E-105, which I think is the best Palm-size PC ever made. It's truly a gem among Palm-size PCs.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-08-23 3:28 AM
 Top of the page
jornada720 Page Icon Posted 2006-08-23 10:53 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I considered an E-105

I just bought a jornada 430SE off ebay for $ .99 with the unit and the cover, no adapters. I have a IR port on my computer so I can install applications via that or a CF card. Thanks a billion for all the links guys. If you download the TCPMP sh3 zip folder off the TCPMP site it has in there the correct cab for pspc. Mainly I bought this Jornada for a 100% toy.

Do you think the DCF 660W wireless card will work with it? I have no clue where to find a web browser for pspc. I bet there is some way to hexedit the utility, i dont even know what hexedit means though . That would be the only ppc app I would be interested in hexediting.

EDIT: I found on conduits pocket browser, any more (freeware browsers)??

Edited by jornada720 2006-08-23 10:57 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8