x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

smtp outgoing with outlook or anything else!

brentonboy
brentonboy Page Icon Posted 2006-06-02 5:52 PM
#
i have configured pocket outlook to receive mail, but i can't find a smtp service that will work.

it seems the problem is that hpc pro doesnt' support SSL. this is why gmail doesn't work (goign out or coming in).

i've tried a few other third party email clients like nPop and Qmail, but have not had any success.

is there anyone who has been able to send mail through smtp on a hpc pro? i know it can be done because i've gotten it to work on my school server: however, the school server requires SSL when not sending from on campus, and i'm not on campus!

what solutions have other people used? special fixes? software? secret smtp services i dont know about? please help!! thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-03 12:30 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i think you may need to import a certificate for qmail3.
as for npop, are you using the latest version? that has ssl support.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-06-03 8:30 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

SSL and Authenticated SMTP are two difference beats, however neither of them are supported under the H/PC.

The SMTP server of your Home ISP will probably require Authenitcated SMTP, which you can use the other clients for - not Pocket Outlook
 Top of the page
brentonboy
brentonboy Page Icon Posted 2006-06-03 2:58 PM
#
--i went through the whole ordeal of trying to import and configure certificates for qmail--still havent' found a way to make it work. i did a fairly extencive amount of work there... i've given up on qmail until someone with an hpc pro can verify that it works and tell me how to make it work.

C:Amie:

do you imply that SSL will not work on "the other clients"? i don't have a home ISP, but i have a website with pop email, and i think it possibly requires authenticated SMTP but not SSL. but i haven't had much luck getting "other clients" to work.

besides qmail and nPop, what other ones are sure to work for hpc pro?

ps: did i mention i have a mobilepro 780?

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-06-03 3:36 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I imagine that at least one of them will work properly for you needs with SSL, I can't advise you directly because I've never had an email account which required it. Auth SMTP is all I've ever encounterd.

You're saying that you can't get onto the Internet at home, do I understand you correctly there?
 Top of the page
brentonboy
brentonboy Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 4:33 PM
#
correct: i can't get onto the internet at home. this is mostly because i don't have a home at the moment! i'm finishing up school, and in a week i'm moving to work at a camp where the only internet will be a campground-wide wireless connection.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-04 5:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

latest versions of npop should be able to handle the SSL. that's all i know
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 11