x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Andrew2
Andrew2 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-12 2:36 AM
#
I have a Nec Mobile Pro 780 i have been looking for a doom or quake version that will work with my handheld. does anyone know if there is a version of doom that will work with the Mp780. thanks Andrew
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2005-08-12 8:57 AM
#
If you find one, do let us know. I have a similar problem getting a version for the 790.
 Top of the page
benmat81
benmat81 Page Icon Posted 2005-09-20 6:46 PM
#
I just recently purchased a Nec MobilePro 780. After many, many... MANY hours of trying to get doom to work on it, I was about to call it quits. But today I had success!

I used Jimmy's doom4ce:

http://www.jimmysoftware.com/Software/Doom4CE/download.asp

I used the version for the Casio E-100/105/500, cuz they use a mips processor, which is what the nec uses.

I also have the gamex library and the gapi library under /windows, although i don't really know if they play any role in making doom work.

I have the doom4ce.wad, doom.exe and the doom1.wad all under the same directory called HPC Doom (I don't think the name of the directory should have any effect on the game). I have that directorty under the root directory.

Now once that is all setup, double tap the doom.exe file, it should produce a black screen that says testing A:AX, VX(a bunch of numbers), RO... RO... After it does this for about a minute or so, it will bring up the doom for windows ce sceen. This is the tricking part... tap the lower left bottom of the screen once. That should start the loading proccess.

After that a small screen in the center of the screen should be displaying the doom demo. from there on out it should be self explanitory. The direction keys move you crl fires, spacebar opens doors and z is strafe. I got the shareware doom working on my mobilepro, i don't see a reason why the other version wouldn't work. I will be testing the doom 2 wad tonight.

If anyone else gets this working please reply to this thread...
As far as i know i'm like the only person in the world to get doom working on a mobilepro.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-20 10:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

benmat81 - 2005-09-21 12:46 AM

As far as i know i'm like the only person in the world to get doom working on a mobilepro.

no sorry you're forgetting the MP900...
(i haven't tried the ARM hpc2000 version on it though but it should run)

anyway these are really good news
 Top of the page
benmat81
benmat81 Page Icon Posted 2005-09-20 11:39 PM
#
Ah yes, I forgot about the mp900. The mp900 does seem like it would have a better chance at running cool games, unlike the mp 770, 780 and 790.

Anyway, I tested doom 2 and it ran just as good as the doom 1 shareware.
Tomorrow I'll email the maker of doom4ce and see if he will modify this version so it will work a little better on an hpc. since it is meant for one of those palmpilot numbers, I don't think it is as streamline as it could be. But atleast it works.

As soon as i get my flash card in i'll see if i can get quake to work.
 Top of the page
michael
michael Page Icon Posted 2006-05-24 2:47 AM
#
i have gotten it to show the windows ce screen but even though i tap it dosen't work. any ideas?
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-05-24 3:59 AM
#
Try clicking near the lower left corner of the title screen.
 Top of the page
Derek.HPCManiac
Derek.HPCManiac Page Icon Posted 2006-05-24 9:14 AM
#
Quake doesn't runs in my 770 ¬¬
 Top of the page
michael
michael Page Icon Posted 2006-05-24 11:44 AM
#
i have tried clicking on the sceen but it like freezes.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.375 - Cached queries : 39 - Executed queries : 32