x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

eBay Japan

1 2 3 4
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 7:28 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I've only recently begun surfing eBay in Japan...but it is interesting the things you see. Lots of Sigmarions, few Mobilepros if any, and here is an interesting note...the Japanese version of the Jornada 720 isn't blue....

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/86573356

Auction still as 3 days to go, price is about $130 US currently.

and if you thought it was just the photo, here is another....

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/86571300

or how about a pcmcia scsi card that runs under CE 2.11

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g44205081

Anyway, you get the drift, tons of goodies to look at you don't see everyday on our eBay....

Rich
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 7:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, this isnt ebay, ebay quit the japan market a few years ago... but you can call it the "japanese ebay" for sure

yeah lots of COOL stuff... (i still wish i had waited to get the blue sig2, the extremely limited edition... a real blue hpc, never saw any.)

the japanese equivalent of the mobilepros are the mobilegear hpcs...

how do you mean the japanese j720 isn't blue? i've never seen a US 720, but don't see any diff in colour to our local j720's except for the colour of the keyboard, of course.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 8:07 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You mean that isn't black? Crap I hate being color deficient....

Rich
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 8:31 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I wonder how much Sigmarions are there.. Thanks for the links, Rich..
Also, cmonex, why is there no ebay japan anymore?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-17 8:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rich, i can't tell from the pics for 100% sure.. but i can take the same pics of my j720's, they are not blue but very dark. not black either but close enough. it is somewhere between dark blue and black so.. that's why i said i can't see any difference especially as some of the japanese pics had a blueish shade to the black, exactly like our local 720's.
anyway i'm color deficient too to some extent. not too much as i'm able to pass all colour tests but it can be very difficult for me to guess every number on them correctly "normal" people just look at the test and say the right answer immediately. i can't.
so all that i said above can be safely ignored

tenjeangosi, sigmarions...? alot...
no idea why there's no ebay japan any longer, but i guess they weren't very successful.. that sounds strange especially when you look at yahoo auctions japan

Edited by cmonex 2006-05-17 8:47 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 7:24 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

For any girl to have any color deficiency is indeed rare. I mean less than 1% of women suffer from it at all, while nearly 10% of men do. Imagine you are giving a powerpoint presentation and nearly 11% of your audience can't figure out what your graphs mean....

Anyway, check out this site to make yourself happy: http://www.toledo-bend.com/colorblind/Ishihara.html

I fail miserably, and see exactly what the right-hand listing shows....red/green deficiency.

Rich
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 7:39 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah that test is the standard one... i'll show you another... oh wait it is in hungarian but it should be easily done even without knowing my language. i never saw that test before and it was pretty cool because of that (i saw this one too many times). so if you want to see it i'll get the link. (and a little translation? )
btw i always fail at the one with the "6" in the test you linked. all the others are OK after a lot of thinking... i can give an immediate answer only for the "25".

yep, i know i'm rare...

Edited by cmonex 2006-05-18 7:41 AM
 Top of the page
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 7:41 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

On the color thing, I have to agree with cmonex. I can't tell my J720 is blue unless I look at the case very closely. Photos are anything but definitive when it comes to color--particularly considering subtle hues. Like cmonex, I did notice the keyboard right away, though. :+) Having said that, (again agreeing with cmonex) I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the color is different. One other difference... the top side of the screen panel reads "Handheld PC". Mine doesn't have this marking.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 7:43 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

uh, oh, your j720 must've lost that "handheld pc" writing somewhere... all 720's i've seen so far had it..
 Top of the page
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 8:23 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I honestly don't believe it was ever there, cmonex. When I bought this, the "Windows powered" and the HP logo were in perfect condition. They are now considerably worn. There were also no case scratches when I bought it. There are still none in the lower left corner, but I can't say that about the rest of the case. ;+
 Top of the page
Jorkapp Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 11:17 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e57050705

Why don't we have things like this over here?

Translated specs:
Telephone call time: Maximum of 8 hours
Standby time: Maximum of 260 hours
Commodity details:
Microsoft Windows Mobile Version 5.0
Windows Media Player 10
HANDWRITTEN RECOGNITION
BROWSING OFFICE DOCUMENTS
TFT-LCD 65,536 color (640×480 pixels 3.6 inch) main display
64 chord arrival sounds (Polyphonic ringtones)
Ringtone: MP3/AAC/AMR/EFR/FR/HR
SD CARD SLOT
GPRS Class 10
SMS
EMS
MMS
1,300,000 pixel digital camera built-in
DUAL CAMERA
Automatic focusing
Video recording
Bluetooth
Infrared Port (infrared ray communication)
WiFi wireless LAN
USB

I would buy it, were it not for the fact it costs 165000 yen (1600 CAD)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 11:21 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

See how unique you are Monica? A lady in a man's HPC world, and smart too! Post the Hungarian link if you find it, but don't sweat it if you don't, I'm still grateful for the bathtub picture....

BTW, now I'm looking at Mobilegears too....ARRRGH!!!

Rich
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 11:33 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2006-05-18 7:43 AM

uh, oh, your j720 must've lost that "handheld pc" writing somewhere... all 720's i've seen so far had it..

Monica

I thought the same thing....... until I saw one without the words "Handheld PC".
I wonder if it has something to do with... when or where each unit was built and sold?

In terms of color, I think the 720 is a very dark blue (almost looks black) unlike the 680/690 which is more on the blue side!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 1:00 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Guys, the "Handheld PC" text on the top of the device is not a global standard. It (as far as I've been able to make out) is down to the batch of the 720 build. Early ones don't have it, newer ones do.

Yahoo had the Japanese market pretty well locked up (95%), eBay never made much in the way of inroads, and there is the whole language barrier for eBay's globally centralised systems model.
To put it into context, when they closed the Japanese operation had all of 17 employees, and under 25,000 listings.

This is another Japanese auction site: http://www.bidders.co.jp/
Windows CE Listings: http://www.bidders.co.jp/list1/73203

There is a SigIII on there for about £300.

Perfect 7/7 on the colour test link. What do I win?
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-05-18 1:03 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2006-05-18 1:00 PM

Perfect 7/7 on the colour test link. What do I win?

The respect of your peers?
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.312 - Cached queries : 50 - Executed queries : 33