x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Ambicom BT & NEC 780

1 2
Vladymir
Vladymir Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 12:23 PM
#
Hello

I've tried to instal downloaded form www.ambicom.com software for CF Card BT2000CF on NEC 7780 Pro (WinCE 2.11. MIPS). The software was installed without any error message, but trying to run Blue Neighbors with BT Card in slot has finished with message like "Cannot find Blueneighbor.exe (or part of its components)". Who can help me?

Best Regards
Vladymir
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 1:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

my recommendation: install it from hpcfactor.com/hcl
 Top of the page
Vladymir
Vladymir Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 3:35 PM
#
That is the same soft as on Ambicom's support page - and works the same way, ie. does not works...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 4:04 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Please remember that BT drivers under 2.11 are BETA, they are not formal release and are handicapped because they were never finsied as prt the BT 1 specification.

cmonex, you if any one will know the driver. You don't need toolhelp or similar do you?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-20 4:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no need for toolhelp.

sadly i don't have an ambicom right now (i've had the chance to try one but forgot to try it on CE 2.0 next time i won't forget such an important thing!!), but i don't see any problematic dll.

are you sure you installed the hpc pro version? i will try it too (without the card though)
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-05-21 3:52 PM
#
The drivers were installed on NEC 780 PRO with Windows CE core v. 2.11 and applications v. 3.01. Maybe this combination make the soft unuseable? Or there is in this system a dll used by DT drivers, differ than the one form "true" 2.11 version?

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-21 4:53 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i see no problem with the system and apps version.

DT drivers = ?
 Top of the page
Vladymir
Vladymir Page Icon Posted 2006-05-22 11:59 AM
#
BT drivers of course :-)

Top of the page
Vladymir
Vladymir Page Icon Posted 2006-05-22 12:01 PM
#
Have You try to use this drivers on NEC 780? The card is recognized by system after inserting into thse slot.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-22 1:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, well, i'm surprised. i installed the driver onto my nec 770 (almost same as 780, just older). ok these drivers are said to be beta. but beta isn't supposed to mean it has never been tested.

i had to rewrite the OS version of almost all dlls and exes. i still have some suspicion about one of the dlls in the cab, but lets see if this works: http://izemize.fw.hu/ambi.zip (downloaded zip must be 595291 bytes)

download this, unzip and copy all of it into windows (yes overwrite the files that are already there), soft reset and try putting the card in. let me know if it worked.
 Top of the page
Vladymir
Vladymir Page Icon Posted 2006-05-22 2:35 PM
#
I have installed all the dll and exe. After reset, the Blue Neighbors starts, but with message "An error occured while try to initialize Blue Neighbors. The program will now exit". The message is visible with card in stot and without it. Don't be sad, I can see a progress :-)

Best regards
Vladymir
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-22 2:39 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex, what were the DLL headers setup to use?

If it's really that screwed up we need to get it out of the HCL
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-22 3:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

err... what's a "DLL header setup"?

after installing the hpc pro cab, 80-90% of the executables had 3.0 as OS version, the remaining had the correct 2.11

if we get this to work, we could repackage the cab and publish it...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-22 3:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Vladymir - 2006-05-22 8:35 PM

I have installed all the dll and exe. After reset, the Blue Neighbors starts, but with message "An error occured while try to initialize Blue Neighbors. The program will now exit". The message is visible with card in stot and without it. Don't be sad, I can see a progress :-)

Best regards
Vladymir

hrrrm, lets see this one... http://izemize.fw.hu/BTCENDIS.DLL

this should be copied to windows again, and let me know if it wanted to overwrite any existing file. this DLL didn't get installed onto my 770 (very strange i know!). i also had to rewrite its OS version again

MUST be 14848 bytes.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-05-22 4:31 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You answered my questions with 3.0 header info.

The header is the CPU/OS, execution header etc
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 11