x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2007-08-28 9:10 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

congratulations you now have a file browser running, no need to mess around with gsfinder any mor I think, chinese might be a problem that you will have to deal with for now, the reason you don't have a taskbar is that explorer isn't running, get a coppy, put it un your sd card and run it and you shuld have a desktop startmenu might even give you a web browser.
your device is a hpc not a pocketpc but they are largly compatible.
your next step should be to load a registry editor ( I think I included one in my zip) and then brows to the keys that I mentioned in my read mee and see if any thing matches, I think it would be safe for you to try and installe the cab as well that should give you a full os.
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2007-08-30 12:13 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

get new maps
I think you guys shuld start new topic for you devices, this topic is aimed at axxion not general gps issues.

abarnabe you need to format the sd card from a regulare pc.
ill upload the explorer and other files for you in a day or two.
 Top of the page
Moumentai Page Icon Posted 2007-09-02 2:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hey guys. Im new to HPC and I got a question. I also have the Axxion system, and I was wondering if it's possible to get any kind of TomTom on it? I really don't like Destinator OP. It gives us wrong directions all the time, and it sometimes fails to even say we have to go left or right or whatever.

So I was wondering if anyone could give me a step by step direction, on how to get TomTom installed. If that's possible that is. I just had it with Destinator. Arg...

Thanks alot!
 Top of the page
abarnabe
abarnabe Page Icon Posted 2007-09-04 7:48 AM
#
assuming you laready unlocked the device using ajembo instructions, you need to extract tomtom 6.02 manually with win rar or win zip on a desktop, rename the file names following the instructions in the file_setup.xml, copy it on to the sd card of axxion with the maps.
Using a register editor go to Local Machine\explorer\shell folders. change My documents to sdmmc\maps or the path of the folder where you want to place maps.
install GPStweak
http://sirftweak.networktroubles.org/gpstweak.php
hard reset.
set tomtom to 38400 baud com 7,save and close.
run GPStweak
go to
setup> port to com 7 baud 9600 Sirf .
click on connect.
click on command> switch to nmea, (you should see some data flowing on the screen),
click on disconnect, than exit.
run tom tom, after 30 second the messsage GPS device not found get replaced from waiting for gps signal.
known issues:
1) the blue bars of the signal are not displayed even when the signal is strong.
2) if it hangs up, you need to hard reset and and repeat the GPS tweak.
soft reset is not enough to repeat GPS tweak.
 Top of the page
din4er@yahoo.com
din4er@yahoo.com Page Icon Posted 2007-09-19 7:08 PM
#
AJenbo - 2006-10-08 hi i loking for softwer wear can instaleited tomtom on axxion can yui help mi

Hallow every body, my dad got a bunch of theas devices and when i got the suspecion that they where running WinCE i decided to try and get one to run it with Destinator only as an option, took me about 3 houres and i had it running worms 2 world party

The trick to it is to replace \ResidentFlash\DShell\DShell.exe with a file browser.
Thanks for sugesting GSFinder, initialy when I tryed Total Commander the app just crashed.

It's true that alot of things has been striped like the explore shell and if you try to go the the usual file brows menu in any program the program will crash, but thers alot of dll and other files that where just hidden from ActiveSync so things arent so bad.
Windows Media player 9 is still there and you can brows for files using the libery functiuon instad of open file to avoide it crashing.
Thers also a fully functional control pannel.

PIE has also been rmoved but it's render dll seams to still be there and can probably bed acced from the help program or a 3part browser program (working on one now).

Unfortunatly my pda/phone is running win mobil 5 so most dll's seams to be incompatible (AXXION run actual WinCE 4.2 not the mobile version), but installing GX.dll in windows allowed me to run Duke Nukem 3d.

Installing any cab's seams to fail (also when directly executed from the phone) but bouth DShell and Destinator is listed as installed items.

One wired thing i have found is that the landscape mode steams to be its native orintation witch confues a few apps causing thing to be taller then the screen and I don't know of a way to rotate the screen so fare even thoug I found some keys in the registry.
Also since thers no Explore I can't seam to open the sip keyboard, but using the remote display control from MS power toys I can use the pc's keyboard for now.

Hers a list of what i have running and what dos not run so fare.

Runs:
GSFinder
Tre registry editor
Duke Nukem 3D (spvDuke)
Worms world party
Scumm (no actual games tested)

Does NOT run
TCPMP
Adobe reader
Any exe from windows mobil 5 os.
myExtensions
PocketRar
psShotXP

And lastly heres some shots to prove my claims

P.s. At my school thers a few computers running 4.x i hope that i can mabey copy the explore shell or some other files from them altohough they are Cyrex processors so they are probably incompatible
 Top of the page
AJenbo
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2007-09-19 8:36 PM
#
din4er@yahoo.com - 2007-09-19 7:08 PM
hi i loking for softwer wear can instaleited tomtom on axxion can yui help mi

Don't type inside the QUOTE or it will look like it was somthing i sayed, also don't quote so much text for no reason.

Install my Axxion unlocker pack
http://cubed.dk/nobody/Axxion.zip

then folow theas instructions.

abarnabe - 2007-08-20 4:12 AM

tomtom 6.02 works!
I did the following:
install tt 6.02 and GPStweak on sd card.
hard reset.
set tomtom to 38400 baud com 7,save and close.
run GPStweak
http://sirftweak.networktroubles.org/gpstweak.php
settup> port to com 7 baud 9600 Sirf .
click on connect.
click on command> switch to nmea, (you should see some data flowing on the screen),
click on disconnect, than exit.
run tom tom, after 30 second the messsage GPS device not found get replaced from waiting for gps signal.
known issues:
1) the blue bars of the signal are not displayed even when the signal is strong.
2) if it hangs up, you need to hard reset and and repeat the GPS tweak.
soft reset is not enough to repeat GPS tweak.

Remember you are doing this on your own risk.
 Top of the page
Simon
Simon Page Icon Posted 2007-09-30 8:22 AM
#
Can you tell where you find this version? Thanks
 Top of the page
killach Page Icon Posted 2007-10-05 8:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi I have a problem with GNAV10 I have it unlocked to wince net 4.2 but I got something mixed up with gps and either original destinator and tomtom 5.21 doesn't get GPS connection I get gps not found on both of them can somebody post or send me settings of a com port from registry for GPS???
 Top of the page
AJenbo Page Icon Posted 2007-10-06 6:48 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Don't use gnav10 if you do not have a gnav! For Axxion use http://cubed.dk/nobody/Axxion.zip
Try running GPS tweak mentioned abouve and the settings mentioned abouve.
 Top of the page
SantaClaw Page Icon Posted 2007-11-08 7:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hm... i'll give destinator 7.0 a go..
 Top of the page
SantaClaw Page Icon Posted 2007-11-08 7:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Also I've asked the folks over at http://www.wincesoft.de/ to add the Axxion GPS 374 to their GAPI drivers..
 Top of the page
SantaClaw Page Icon Posted 2007-11-08 9:57 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I got quake to run on the Axxion GPS 374 today, difficult to play, and a bit laggy, but still, reminds me of the good old days of computers, where a 386 sx 33mhz might be just as laggy playing quake as my Axxion....

Edited by SantaClaw 2007-11-08 9:58 PM
 Top of the page
SantaClaw Page Icon Posted 2007-11-09 11:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

There wil be a working version of GAPI out for the Axxion GPS 374 i a very short hvile, i just beta tested it and it's great !!!!
 Top of the page
SantaClaw Page Icon Posted 2007-11-10 3:08 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hm... I wonder why no freecell games works on this thing, anyone have a clue as to why that is ??? not even Patiences 3.04. I get the same error message as with the freecell game found in the windows dir on the axxion gps...
 Top of the page
Nic Roets
Nic Roets Page Icon Posted 2007-11-10 6:06 AM
#
Thanks for your article ! After reading it, I went ahead and bought the "TGPS-374"*, assuming it is a similar product and it is.

I found that I could download applications with eVC++ / Platform Manager and ActiveSync. This way I don't have to change the files, reducing the likelyhood of bricking the device.

Regards,
Nic Roets
nroets@gmail.com

* : TGPS = "Telefunken GPS". Telefunken allows Nuworld Ltd to import a variety of products under their trademark into the isolated South African market.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 12