x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

help setting up wireless internet..im a newbie!!

1 2
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-14 1:17 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Does just only the internet work then? Not Outlook?
 Top of the page
danny
danny Page Icon Posted 2005-04-14 2:16 PM
#
yes only internet...cant but i cant access hotmail from the browser to get my sympatico account thru msn hotmail.!!!
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-14 5:42 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Wired you've tryed all the methods which I used... You can't use outlook thru a proxy Not sure now? Your server may not be configured properly. What error do you get?

Nick
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-14 7:57 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

does your pop3 server require some authentication (i don't know much about it though) or SSL connection? i don't think so but still i ask oh and yes, what's the error message in either pocket outlook or nPOP?

Edited by cmonex 2005-04-14 7:58 PM
 Top of the page
danny
danny Page Icon Posted 2005-04-15 10:41 AM
#
ok in npop it says 'disconnected from server' and in outlook it says 'can not connect to pop3 server. A user name, password or .....may be wrong or the server is not set up.' however when i am connected thru the sync cable and click on inbox-connect...my computer zone alarm asks to allow the connection...but i just did not allow it....so never saw what happened next.

danny
 Top of the page
danny
danny Page Icon Posted 2005-04-17 5:52 PM
#
ok well after trying forever i still have no luck. I tried connecting with npop, outlook, and qmail3, i have NO luck. Nothing connects. I have entered all the information and have also called bell sympatico tech service for answers and they have nothing. they have no answers. To test if it was just my jornada i went to my yahoo account and set up a new pop3 account to check my sympatico mail...and guess what it wont connect either. so i need some serious help that im sure wont be listed in the newbie guide. can any one help now. I asked about a proxy and they use static ip so its obsolete as they say. Is there any new browser that supports hotmail and passport signing in for wind ce 2.11??..maybe that will solve my problem. Anyways thanks in advance.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-17 6:15 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Any firewall rules along the path, mandatory MAC registration, port blocking etc etc
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-17 6:39 PM
#
H/PC Elite

To rule out whether it is just a server error, try creating a test account on my server, go to my website and on my homepage to the top right hand corner of the page is a link called 'Login to mail' click it and on the page should be a link to register a new account, just fill in the form and after you have I'll email you via the webmail, the email from me will be about the settings for Outlook, I use my email everyday on the Jornada and it works perfectly

PS: After you create the account you don't have to keep it

Nick
 Top of the page
danny
danny Page Icon Posted 2005-04-17 7:17 PM
#
whats the web address please? thanks
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-17 7:20 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Guests don't see signitures? anyway:

http://www.nickcharlton.org.uk
 Top of the page
danny
danny Page Icon Posted 2005-04-17 7:47 PM
#
well nick i set up a connection and tested it for my sympatico account and it was successfule in the 'set up account' under settings.. but when i went to get messeges and clicked that acount it did not recieve anything. weird.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9