x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

help setting up wireless internet..im a newbie!!

1 2
danny
danny Page Icon Posted 2005-04-11 10:56 PM
#
hi all...im having trouble setting up a wireless internet connection on my jornada 680e. My pc card is a netgear ma401 using the WL100 Drivers - Hewlett Packard. i have a wireless router and bell sympatico service. I installed the drivers and the netgear icon shows that its 100% connected. How do i make a connection. I added the ip addresses and dns info from my router in the adapter section but it still wont work. Im usally very good with computers but this little jornada has me stumped. Can somebody out there, anybody help me...please.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-12 1:39 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Hmmm, I can try...

So you set it up with the WEP key and all from your router? Does your router give out static ip addresses? Do you even have an ip address? If you have one, then the problem can be something else...you can also check the PIE (pocket internet explorer) settings.

As I don't really know the card, I can only suggest searching the forums and the support section, and maybe the HCL has some notes on it. Anyone else have any ideas?

-I am trying something new, anything in bold will be something especially important in my posts, I do not want members (and guests) to take it the wrong way.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-12 1:52 AM
#
H/PC Elite

What PS has said, but in order

a) check that the card is effectively being recognized by the J (that it does not ask for driver name and that it's listed in the "network" control panel applet)
b) check that your wifi connection settings are correct (WEP, etc) BTW, J680 does NOT support WPA, so do not even try!
c) check that your IP config is correct (you may install HPC network utilities to see if it has got an ip addr)
d) check your particular software settings (proxy address/port, etc) to see if everything is OK

If none of the above works... you should dispose of the J (give it to me )

BTW [EDIT] Lady and [/EDIT] Gentlemen we NEED that newbie manual out SOON!, has anybody written something?. PS, cmonex, Nick, anyone?

Edited by matrixcore 2005-04-12 1:54 AM
 Top of the page
Danny
Danny Page Icon Posted 2005-04-12 11:11 AM
#
hi guys, thanks for the help. weird thing is that i did not have internet for like 3 hours, then all of a sudden it worked.. maybe the problem was wth my router and its config. But my email outlook still does not work.. maybe if i give it 6 hours it will. hahah . Well guys thanks again.
 Top of the page
wsanders Page Icon Posted 2005-04-12 12:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-12 7:04 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Heh, outlook never seems to work...ever...
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-12 8:07 PM
#
H/PC Elite

i belive you should try npop or other program... if there is such. Pocket outloouk is severly broken and handicapped, when compared to today's standards

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-12 8:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

matrixcore: i'll have more time soon so no problems & worries
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-12 8:42 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes i agree about pocket outlook. i don't even have outlook installed on my PC. the only thing that keeps me trying to put up with pocket outlook is that i couldn't get Qmail3 to download only headers. and i didn't like the way nPOP does it when i tried it. maybe i'll start trying again.. oh if someone knows how to download only headers with Qmail3... please tell me!!!
 Top of the page
Danny
Danny Page Icon Posted 2005-04-12 11:00 PM
#
ok i tried oulook one more time and finally gave up on it. took your advice and installed npop. Entered all my lovely information and it still does not work..i keep getting a 'disconnected from server'......it does not even connect to be disconnected. i have interent access and i can browse the web but i cant get email...this is weird...i wonder if it has to do with sympatico being handled by msn?..well if anyone can help me in this situation because i really need this device for email, it will be much appreciated.
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-13 2:33 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I used to get the same problem, try telling npop to use a connection, what I mean is specify a connection, that fixed my outlook probs.

Nick
 Top of the page
danny
danny Page Icon Posted 2005-04-13 1:00 PM
#
Alright Nick, i will try that. Since i have a wireless internet connection i will specifiy 'network connection' as opposed to dial-up (obviously, these are my only 2 choices besides make a new connection).. Is their any patches that i should add to give the connection pull down menu more options in my case? Thanks in advance.
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-13 1:57 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Thats what worked for me, the Inbox can't detect the connection.

Nick
 Top of the page
Tankusaz
Tankusaz Page Icon Posted 2005-04-13 8:23 PM
#
Just used your setup on my Vadem Clio. Worked like a champ. I was really wondering if I was going to get wireless internet on it. Oh, by the way, I am using a Netgear MA401 card. I am going to register here and keep my eyes open for more helpful threads. Thanks mucho, Steve Davis
 Top of the page
Danny
Danny Page Icon Posted 2005-04-14 9:45 AM
#
hi guys....no luck! with either outlook or npop and specifying the network connection. I was stumped at what it could be and maybe thought that it could be the m401 driver since i was using the wcl100 driver rather than prism 2.5. So i hard reset the j, lost all my setup and tried to install the prism driver. That did not work. could not even connect to the internet..So im back at square 1, with a hard resetted jornada 680e, no internet and possibly never having an email connection or a program that works. This is retarded....i mean i enter all the information, the device has a connection but it wont connect to my email pop3...any ideas now?? much appreciated..

Danny
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 32