x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 680 + Agere Systems WLAN = driver problem

Stolar
Stolar Page Icon Posted 2007-08-23 2:35 PM
#
Hi,

I have just received my Jornada 680. It has got system updated to version 3.0 and the core system version is 2.11. I have got pcmcia wlan card witch is 16 bit and as I have read should work with J680:
Agere Systems PC24-11-FC/R.
There are some drivers for Windows CE from 1.0 to 4.0 on the CD but none of them(including 2.11 and 3.0 versions) work with my handheld . I have copied drivers on the CF card and when I try to install them ther is an error:

‘Setup’ is not a valid Windows CE application

What should I tape when after insert the card 680 asks:

Enter the name the driver for this PCCard

Anyone got any ideas or working drivers?

Best wishes!
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-08-23 3:23 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

That means you have to run the installer from your host PC. If you do not have a sync, you can just run the installer without syncing with your J680. After that, find the right cab file in a folder like Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Agere, copy it to a CF card, and finally tap the cab file on the handheld.
 Top of the page
Stolar
Stolar Page Icon Posted 2007-08-23 6:18 PM
#
Thank you very much.

I have installed Microsoft Active Sync 4.5 software and now I am able to open files form CD. I have started up a setup with Win CE 2.11 drivers, then copied folder “Agere Systems” from Active Sync on PC to CF card and started “wireless.SH3” file on jornada directly from card. I have installed drivers to Windows/Agere.

No I have got “Agere Wireless Network Driver” in Contro panel->Network and “Agere Client” application in Start->Programs but when I start it up there is a massage:

Driver Not Loaded

And application close itself after few seconds

What is worse LEDs on card are not blinking or something – they are dark
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-08-23 7:00 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I assume you installed the driver at the default location. After the installation, you need to do a soft reset.
 Top of the page
Stolar
Stolar Page Icon Posted 2007-08-24 5:08 AM
#
That was the problem

I have installed drivers in Windows\Agere instead of just Windows
Now card status is ‘Ready’, LEDs are blinking and it has successfully found some networks in ‘Site monitor’ .

Thank you ones again

Best wishes!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.328 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8