x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Virtual Earth Problems

ExPsionMan Page Icon Posted 2007-08-27 9:52 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi - I have been trying to get Microsoft Virtual Earth to run on my MobilePro 900c. I have what I beleive is the latest version installed (1.69) for Windows Mobile CE 5.0 and I have tried a soft and hard reset several times, but still get the same problem which is:

That when try to search for an address or business, I get the error message: VirtualEarthMoblie.exe FormatException Application:: Run+0xf

and the programme then shuts down.

Apart from the above the programme works fine on the MobilePro.

As I can't get the search function to work on this MobilePro specific web site, I have searched other forums and although they mention the above problem, their suggested fix is to install version 1.67 or later - which I have of course done (I have tried versions 1.66, 1.67, 1.68 and now 1.69)
Has any one out there experienced the same problem? is there a fix?

Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-08-27 10:05 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Well if it is for 5.0 and the MobilePro 900c is 4.2 there is NO way it is going to work on it.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-08-28 2:53 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Notwithstanding the fact that you actually got the application to open, ExPsionMan, Ben is generally correct. You want a version that is compatible with CE 4.2 .net, not CE 5.
 Top of the page
ExPsionMan Page Icon Posted 2007-08-28 8:24 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi Thanks to both you and Ben for feedback. Unfortunatlely they don't provide a version for CE 4.2.net thus I posted the query in case someone had managed to find a way around the problem. Incidentally, VirtualEarth Mobile works perfectly in terms of all other functions, the only functions not working are the search boxes I mentioned in my original query and although it is designed for the smaller screens of a PPC, etc - by clicking the "Restore Window" windows icon, the map fills the MobilePro Screen.

For anyone wishing to check this out on the MobilePro 900c - I could not get the programme to work until I installed all the dll's I could find (for the MobilePro 900c) on cmonex's excellent web site. But once I had these installed VirtualEarth works perfectly appart from the above mentioned search problem.

I can now look at the VirtualEarth maps, any where I can get a link to the internet via my Wireless PCMCIA Card, PC / ActiveSync Link or Mobile phone (used as a modem - though the download times are long!).

Thanks again.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-08-28 3:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The downloads I've found are compatible with Windows Mobile 2003, which is built on CE 4.2 .net.

Maybe an older version will work better. Try version 1.64:

http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/attachment/649384.ashx
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-08-28 4:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Bensawsome - 2007-08-28 4:05 AM

Well if it is for 5.0 and the MobilePro 900c is 4.2 there is NO way it is going to work on it.

not true
 Top of the page
ExPsionMan Page Icon Posted 2007-08-28 5:12 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi - Thanks fo rmessages - I can confirm as my above message that the WM5 version works fully with the exception of the search facility.

I have now tried the 1.64 version and that also does not resolve the problem.

However, even without the search facility it is still an excellent programme with the road and satelite views working fine down to fine detail in colour.

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 26