x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

cf memory problems

Tankusaz Page Icon Posted 2005-04-13 10:10 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I just got a Vadem Clio and came with a 64 mb CF card in a pcmcia adapter. Well the card is read fine in the adapter and in the pcmcia slot. When I take the Cf card out and put it in the Cf slot in the battery compartment I get a Unidentified PCCard adapter window with "enter the name of the driver for this pccard:" I have no idea of the driver name. The cf memory card has no manufacturers name on it so I haven't been able to find a driver. Can someone help me out here. Thanks much in advance, Steve Davis
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-13 10:33 PM
#
H/PC Elite

A) try the following in the window that is asking for the name: "Atadisk.dll" (without the quotes). If that does not work, then
B) try backing up your data and taking the batteries out (both the main and the coin-sized backup one). then get them in and enjoy!

Hope this helps

[EDIT]
REMINDER: IF YOU DO ARE GOING TO DO "B" REMEMBER BACKING UP ALL YOUR DATA, AS THE PROCEDURE WILL ERASE EVERYTHING YOUR HPC HAS IN MEMORY, EFECTIVELY RESETING IT TO FACTORY STATE.

sorry for the shouting, just felt it was a necessary warning
[/EDIT]

Edited by matrixcore 2005-04-13 10:36 PM
 Top of the page
Tankusaz Page Icon Posted 2005-04-15 10:21 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I tried what you suggested, no way. Looked all over the net for some find of driver for cf memory. Tain't having any luck. Any other suggestions, if not I will keep trying. Thanks much for the help I appreciate your time, Steve
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-15 10:40 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

atadisk.dll is the Windows CF driver, there are no other ones - unless you have a MicroDriver, then there is an ATADSK.dll.

Have you installed a PCMCIA.dll update for the device?
If a hard reset hasn't fixed it, then chanses are you are looking at having a damaged CF slot. I recommend you try a few other cards in it, get a torch and look down into the cavity, checking that th pins are straight.

There should be one on the left side which stick out further than the rest, one on the right which does, and both the middle ones.
Then on the opposite row at each end one pin which is recessed.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-04-15 1:18 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

But becareful with that torch, you might melt the unit and that would'nt be good.
 Top of the page
Tankusaz Page Icon Posted 2005-04-16 12:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well I just got back from getting a new CF card. Did a hard reset on the Clio and put the CF card in the internal slot. Loaded up fine, never asked for any driver. I appreciate all the help given. Now I have some room to play with. Thanks much, Steve
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9