x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Nick
Nick Page Icon Posted 2005-04-14 7:35 AM
#
Hi all,
does someone knows if its possible to ghost an thin client 5710 with Norton Ghost?

thnx ^^
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-14 7:46 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Not unless there is a Windows CE build of Norton Ghost.
You may be able to use ActiveSync 3.8's host side backup to achieve the desired effect. It'll create an image file, and you should be able to push the image up to other devices, you will just need to be inventive with the device naming scheme while setting it up.
 Top of the page
Nick
Nick Page Icon Posted 2005-04-14 8:10 AM
#
Thx for your answer. But here's the situation.

We are able to boot with network support from a floppydisk and we are able to make a ghost of it. So we can make a ghost image . The problem is that when we restore the image everything goes well uptill one point. De ewfmngr (The program that locks the thin client) doesnt work anymore. And when we try to restore the original HP image from usb-stik it gives a page fault error when initializing a drive. It looks like there's a problem with either the flash disk or the ramdisk. Maybe someone can give me info on countering this problem....
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-14 9:27 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Oh I see, you're using a CEPC not actually a PDA... in fact I see that you're not even using a CEPC, you're using XPe...

This is a Windows CE forum by the way... hence the confusion here.

Have you checked the USB Key for its data integrity. Are you trying to flash it with the 5.1.212 A image?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8