x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The "Forum ideas / Bugs / Request" thread

[Frozen]
« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... Next »
Frozen
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-07-05 9:35 AM
#
In about a month I will have a Jornada 820 (which will be used as a laptop replacement), shortly thereafter, a 5GB PC Card HDD...

I only have basic HTML knowledge, but when I have the above (and my trusty 56k dial-up connection), I will do what I can to help.

If I can find a WYSIWYG HTML editor for the Jornada 820 (I'm too lazy to learn HTML properly!), I may consider setting up my OWN site with a SCL (do expect anything too fancy though)!
 Top of the page Quote Reply
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-07-05 9:50 AM
#
*Referring to the multiple postings*

Stupid phone!

*Goes to throw phone, but then remembers that it's my only source of Internet access...*

I can't wait to get my Jornada 820!
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-05 2:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm going to address your PM here

CybaCowboy
Whilst reading through Factor's comments thread, I noticed that it is stated that the forums are incompatible with Windows CE 2.11 ("Handheld PC Pro") and lower devices...

As you are aware, I will soon have a Jornada 820, a Handheld PC Pro device, which I will be using for all of my online access; I'm concerned I may not be able to access these forums with it!

Has this incompatibility been addressed?

The simple answer is no it hasn't been addressed.
If the problems still exist with the new board core, then I will look into it. Right now it is not a productive use of time to be looking into large code changes right before a new forum revision is released.

It seems that 8000 build H/PC Pro devices wont display images or log in correctly, and 9000 builds just don't log in correctly. I may be able to arrange an off-site log in for it, we'll see.
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-07-05 11:02 PM
#
Damn.

Looks like I'll either be posting from my phone or looking for a new H/PC forum when I get my Jornada 820...
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-06 5:09 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-07-05 1:57 PM

User feedback? Blood out of a stone.

you're forgetting about a lot of people then.

So how about this. If we could work out a way to sync any file repository between the main server here and the private servers held by members, then and load balance load here using mirrors. Is that an idea that grabs anybody?

good idea!!
i can maybe give 5 kbyte/s upload for that, as my adsl has only 24 kbyte/s in total.. i'm sorry i can't be of more help than that
ah and my list.. still didn't have the time or i was just too tired. but since yesterday, freedom has begun for me! so..

Edited by cmonex 2005-07-06 5:12 AM
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 3:31 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I searched first. The edit timer is broke for me. Twice I tried to edit well within the 60min. window with no joy. Can I ask why 60m. is the window? There is no flaming here which is a reason I can see the timer set low. How about a 3 hour window?

Also, I thought a seperate forum for ppc apps that run might be a good idea. Keep it strict, easch thread is the progam and method to get it running along with followup replies. Have links, where legal, to the program in question. It could be an ever evolving scl list.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 4:32 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

This is a known problem, it depends on whether someone has replied or not and does seem to depend on the user as to whether it lets you go back and edit. Some can, some can't. If it's still there in 2.2, I'll look at it.

It's on 60 minutes to prevent post manipulation, and is pretty common on tech forums.
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 4:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

about editing .. the best solution would be if you could always edit your own post, and have the edit time at the bottom of the post.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 4:57 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I disagree, someone could go back and kill the usefulness of an archived thread by deleting it or part of it, or even go back and change it's meaning.
Doing that isn't fair on the site, the community and especially on those who replied and aren't afforded the option to know about the change.

I'm not for a minute thinking that anyone here is vindictive or likely to want to do that, but it's a base that we have to cover.

If people want a post edited post the edit time, they can ask one of the forum moderators.
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 6:07 PM
#
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2005-07-05 12:57 PM

One or two of you have offered to set up your own repositories using your own dsl...
So how about this. If we could work out a way to sync any file repository between the main server here and the private servers held by members, then and load balance load here using mirrors. Is that an idea that grabs anybody?

Fine by me. How about 10GB? Oh maybe not. I'll need a new hard drive for myself. I've got 2.2GB left, I'd like to donate more but obviously can't. .

If you would like to use this space, please email me.

Nick
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 6:35 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I hate to ask mods to fix a post when my carelessness with the enter key was the problem, or if a system bug is the cause.

C:Amie - 2005-07-20 4:57 PM

I disagree, someone could go back and kill the usefulness of an archived thread by deleting it or part of it, or even go back and change it's meaning.

If people want a post edited post the edit time, they can ask one of the forum moderators.

If it's a controversial post with heated replies the author could do all you saw within the hour.
IMO post authors should have rights to edit and add for at least a day.

Edited by wallythacker 2005-07-20 6:39 PM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-21 8:48 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If it was down to an accident in pressing a button or the return key in the wrong place, you'll know it immediately and it'll let you go back and edit it.
With 2.2 I'll give registered users the option to delete their own post so long as it's in the edit period and no one has started to reply.

If it's controversial, then in an hour a limited scope of users will have seen it, and will have replied to it. If someone wants to make trouble, and subsequently edit it out to avoid a moderator or admin seeing it, then they need to seriously think twice about it, as that sort of attitude is not welcome and will not be tolerated.

A shorter edit period also encourages users to put a little more effort into the original post, and on proofing it over afterwards.
If you're having a real life conversation, or an IM conversation you aren't afforded the luxury of going back to change what you said. You have to think before you speak.
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-07-21 10:56 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I couldn't fix a poll after I hit enter too early. Message yes, poll no. did I overlook something?
And I agree with the author delete if no replies.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-21 11:26 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Along the same lines, editing a poll will be allowed solong as there are no votes.
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-08-13 3:05 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Since this thread is for bugs/features/ideas, then I'll use my 2 cents worth.

When I came here, I noticed more than a change. I had previously been use to the vB system, which is what the Trainz forum uses.
The idea is simple with its tags, just that these tags I find easier to use:
[php]
[img][/img]
    [*]

[/php]
Well, the only 2 I commonly use.

The only other suggestion I can think of is enabling "HTML" as for those who have learnt it, atleast we can use it.

Failing that, another useful thing is a better code reference, something like this I would very much like!

http://forums.auran.com/TRS2004/forum/misc.php?s=bf1a8dc470f6821c455e8da6723e9aef&action=bbcode

EDIT: Oh dear!! My idea didn't work, I tried both
and [php] tags and it wouldn't deactivate (better word available?) the code! DAMM!!

Edited by Wessex_nut 2005-08-13 3:12 PM
« Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 9