x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The "Forum ideas / Bugs / Request" thread

[Frozen]
« Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next »
Frozen
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 7:39 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I notice that the latest thread page seem to show the list of entries for any thread that has new post(s). Am I the only one seeing that?

EDIT: Answering my own query. I found that the bookmark I have is a dated one. Hence it was missing some search parameters and somehow showing wrongly. Consider this closed.

Edited by Snappy! 2006-03-12 7:43 AM
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 7:43 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

takwu,
I'm not quite sure what you're saying here. Why did you click submit and then click back? Did it error out?
As I've said above though, this is a browser cache issue, not a forum issue in every way that I am aware.

Snappy!,

You're correct, it's a latest thread activity summary.
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 5:24 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I mean clicking on the "Reply" button that's just below the QR box to the right, by mistake. I use a 17inch 1280 screen and maximize, so I sometimes do not see the Submit button and click Reply instead
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 5:44 PM
#
H/PC Elder

When I try to search something, I type my search phrase and press enter. Doing that pops up a calendar. If I click Go, its ok. Has this been raised?
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 5:47 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It hasn't been reported no. I just tried it in MSIE and hitting return sende directly to the search results fromt he search phrase box.
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 5:57 PM
#
H/PC Elder

hmmm ... I just tried in MSIE, and it works as advertised. Firefox 1.5.1 and Opera Version 8.51 exhibit the behaviour.
Build 7712
Platform Win32
System Windows XP

Java Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.5
XHTML+Voice Plug-in not loaded
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 6:02 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Short of rewriting Firefox, I'm not really sure what I can do about that. Hard code the tab order perhaps... but that isn't exactly W3C ok.
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 6:10 PM
#
H/PC Elder

well ... if nothin can be done, then leave it. I'm just highlighting the behaviour.
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 11:51 PM
#
I have an idea, on the top of every forum post box, it says "Posted YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm XM"(The time and date). After that, it should say something like [x minutes/hours/days ago]. I understand that we could figure out the exact length of time ourselves by doing the math, but putting a thing that says how long ago it was posted will help us to visualize the amount of time better... does that make sense?
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 12:15 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It does, it would have to be something I write into it though. I'll keep it in the to be considered pile.
Thanks.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-21 4:54 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

At the bottom of every page on the board there is a thread skip section:
View previous thread <current forum> View next thread

I'm wanting to know if people are using this and seeing error messages?
I'm not sering anything from it, however I'm seeing a phenominal number of bad returns coming from the script. If there is someone who is seeing problems with it, I would be very much obliged if they could copy/paste the entire error readout into this thread so I can try and solve it. I've had no reports of any problems with anything for some weeks now, so either this is some robot issue, or people aren't reporting errors to us

Thanks

EDIT: Never mind, I have located the source of this particular problem now, and reported the fix to PD9.
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2006-03-23 4:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2006-02-20 8:29 AM

Snake,

If you go here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/category-view.asp there is a link called my active threads at the top right. Similar thing.

Just discovered this. GREAT feature. It could be a workaround for the redirect problem. Previously, I would search all threads, filtering my name as the author.

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 8:36 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

As I have mentioned earlier in this thread, the redirect problem - well not a problem, the kernel doesn't have the capability - will be resolved once I have written it into the forum core. I was the person who wrote it into the V1 forums. These things take time, so please be patient.
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 5:52 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2006-03-24 7:36 AM

As I have mentioned earlier in this thread, the redirect problem - well not a problem, the kernel doesn't have the capability - will be resolved once I have written it into the forum core. I was the person who wrote it into the V1 forums. These things take time, so please be patient.

Again, not complaining, just making an observation. I know all about not having time. I've been meaning to update parts of my own website for months. Heck, if you never write in this capability, I'll live. In fact, now that I've discovered the "My active threads" feature, I almost like that method better. I can understand being frustrated when many people make the same criticism/observation/etc. It feels like you're being picked on. That is not my intention and I only meant to point something out in case it had gone unnoticed. I wasn't aware of this thread at the time. I also apologize for my improper diction. I should have said "issue", or something similar, instead of "problem".

Take a deep breath, take pride in what you have accomplished, and smile at the fact that so many people look to you and your team for assistance, advice and expertise. You are a leader, a mentor, and (of course) a"guru"!

Edited by KBoyKool 2006-03-24 5:53 PM
iraqigeek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-24 6:08 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

I have selected no in "Receive e-mail notifications by default?" in my profile, and have unchecked "Receive e-mail notifications for updates to this thread?" in "Toggle e-mail notification" under Actions in the bottom of this page for over half a dozen times from two different machines, yet I still keep receiving email notifications whenever someone posts a message in this thread. When double checking "Toggle e-mail notification" after unchecking the checkbox, I find it unchecked, however, after I recieve an email notification, I find it checked again when I visit hpcfactor.com.

I am running Firefox 1.5 on both boxes, one is running XP-Pro, the other is XP-Tablet PC, both with SP2 installed. I have allowed java scripts from hpcfactor.com.

Regards,
IraqiGeek
« Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 12