x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The "Forum ideas / Bugs / Request" thread

[Frozen]
« Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next »
Frozen
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-01 6:06 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have checked the permissions for the OT board. Registered users have self post editing ability out to 60 minutes.

CE Geek, I'm starting to wonder if PD9 have implemented some odd SPAM prevention system in that people can only edit their last post out to 60 minutes. As an admin I can't easily test that - mod's can't either. Anyone willing to accept the challenge and keep an eye on Edit boxes for us as you go about the board?
 Top of the page Quote Reply
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-01 10:08 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2006-04-01 12:06 PM

I have checked the permissions for the OT board. Registered users have self post editing ability out to 60 minutes.

CE Geek, I'm starting to wonder if PD9 have implemented some odd SPAM prevention system in that people can only edit their last post out to 60 minutes. As an admin I can't easily test that - mod's can't either. Anyone willing to accept the challenge and keep an eye on Edit boxes for us as you go about the board?

you know this is a frequent problem with editing, it times out much faster than 60 mins. at least i thought you were perfectly aware of this.

can't i test it in forums where i'm not a mod?

btw, the time is totally wrong it's 5 PM here and forum says 4 PM... (you know, daylight saving thing (or whatever), we already started it here)

Edited by cmonex 2006-04-01 10:12 AM
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-01 3:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I remember a problem with Edit timing out in lass than 60 minutes in version 1, but I haven't seen it happen yet in version 2. (BTW, cmonex, I didn't know that Hungary even uses Daylight Saving Time.)
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-01 3:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2006-04-01 9:22 PM

I remember a problem with Edit timing out in lass than 60 minutes in version 1, but I haven't seen it happen yet in version 2. (BTW, cmonex, I didn't know that Hungary even uses Daylight Saving Time.)

erm, why wouldn't we use it in hungary?

ive seen it in version 2 too

btw, got a script timeout again when posting this..

Edited by cmonex 2006-04-01 3:37 PM
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-01 3:45 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, I've had several script timeouts today. (I thought maybe the local weather might be affecting the lines - it's pretty stormy around here lately.)

Re: DST
It just never occurred to me. (I'm a bit naive about such things - I've never left North America in my life.)

EDIT: timed out again

EDIT 2: Oh, this is funny. Right now Rich is logged onto this site twice according to the list of online registered users at the bottom of the "Forums Home" page.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-04-01 3:55 PM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-01 5:23 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2006-04-01 3:08 PM
you know this is a frequent problem with editing, it times out much faster than 60 mins. at least i thought you were perfectly aware of this.
Go back to through the posting history from this date to February 14th in this thread and show me where the error reports are for this since we upgraded the site? Can't?. OK then.

can't i test it in forums where i'm not a mod?
I'd like users with clean permissions to test it, moderators have extended permission changes, it's just easier to get the feedback from the general user population.

btw, the time is totally wrong it's 5 PM here and forum says 4 PM... (you know, daylight saving thing (or whatever), we already started it here)
DST doesn't begin in the USA until tomorrow. The servers are in the USA...

Front end server will need rebooting later, so the site will be out for about 4 minutes.
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-04-02 7:07 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I'm getting many time-outs when trying to post this weekend. Is anyone else having the same problems?
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-04-02 7:07 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yes. I thought it was just my computer. But issues like this should be put into this thread

Edited by Yoldering 2006-04-02 12:10 AM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-02 7:07 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Threads merged

I'm not entirely sure what is going on at the moment with these times outs. I'm still looking into it. My suspicion is that it lies with the database server, but cannot see any obvious problem.
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-04-03 3:40 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I haven't gotten any email notifications since 1st of this month.
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-03 6:39 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2006-04-01 11:23 PM

cmonex - 2006-04-01 3:08 PM
Go back to through the posting history from this date to February 14th in this thread and show me where the error reports are for this since we upgraded the site? Can't?. OK then.

so there's a deadline to report an error?

great. i won't report any more errors you can't expect me to meet every error within 1 week of v2 release
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-03 6:53 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

anyway. http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=4257&posts=4&start=1 another error report of the problem, but i really should give up i'm afraid
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2006-04-03 5:43 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

takwu - 2006-04-03 3:40 AM

I haven't gotten any email notifications since 1st of this month.

I'm noticing this, too. Nothing since March 31.
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-03 6:17 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

email stuff works fine here
must depend on something... hopefully it isn't just because i'm a mod hahaha

edit: no, wait. i did get a notification of the last PM which i got today, but i realize now i did not get any for the two before the last (they are from yesterday)

Edited by cmonex 2006-04-03 6:18 PM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-03 6:44 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The mail server was completely off-line from 10pm 31st March until 7pm BST this evening. Not even admins were getting mail.
« Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next »
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9