x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Video on a pencentra - who has one of these and can tell me about them?

pengyou Page Icon Posted 2007-09-20 12:32 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I am doing my annual routine of trying to search for an addition to my hp/c's. My favorite for all around functions is my j720 The one thing i would covet is a ce device that has pretty good capacity to play movies. I ran across a pencentra 200 on ebay....says it has vga screen and a 10 hour battery. Can anyone comment on this machine especially for the purpose of watching movies? BTW, does it have a jack for an external microphone? Also, it seems that there are two kinds of screens. What about this?

Edited by pengyou 2007-09-20 12:39 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-09-21 2:19 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There are two kinds of screens. I have the outdoor (frontlit reflective) one, which is not particularly good for watching video (except perhaps outside on a bright day). A couple of other members here have ones with indoor (backlit) screens, and they both have said that the display quality is pretty good. I suspect the 720 is still better because, smaller screen notwithstanding, it has a faster processor and, being an ARM device, can use the GAPI video driver in TCPMP. The PenCentra, being a MIPS device, can't use true GAPI, and the alternative GDI driver doesn't quite provide the same video quality. You have to lower the video framerate to keep the video from becoming choppy.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.109 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9