x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Looking for CW 2.11 registry editor for J680e

wsanders Page Icon Posted 2005-04-16 2:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yes, I searched. Found nothing. An no, I am not going to append this question to a tread called "I Have a starter question", because then people will not find it with search.

Looking for registry editor for Jornada 680e. I want to change the browser identification string and see if I can fool sites like gmail into thinking I have a supported browser.

Smalltweaks does not appear to be a general purpose reg editor. Xreg would not install on my device. Microsoft does not seem to have a Power Toys registry editor available anymore.

Any ideas?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-16 3:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i can't recall now the name but there IS a registry editor for even ce 2.0. try searching for it in the forum here
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-16 3:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ooops, sorry, even i couldn't find it now. anyway try PHM regeditor, iirc they have a version for your system.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-16 3:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

anyway i would like to know if the search engine (its bugs) is responsible for some unnecessary posts. i'm starting to think yes!
 Top of the page
wsanders Page Icon Posted 2005-04-16 3:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I didn't intend to sound so annoyed in my first post. Sorry all,

It's just a lot of the "starter" threads go on for pages and pages with small amounts of useful information mingled with the seemingly-dumb questions.

IMHO it helps to keep the threads short, this particular board's software seems better able to find threads if the thread topic reflects a single specific question.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep searching for my registry editor and post back here if I locate one.
 Top of the page
Idoru Page Icon Posted 2005-04-16 4:23 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Although it's not advertised, MS PowerToys 3.0 for Handheld PC has a Pocket Registry Editor included-

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=8B0788F7-BEDC-4E3E-9C08-78B176152F44&displaylang=en

If that doesn't solve your registry problem, here's an alternative-

http://www.pilotzone.com/wince/preview/32381.html

Tascal RegEdit

License: Freeware

Information:
Registry editor for Windows CE. Similar to the Windows 95/NT registry editor. Use with great caution! Now supports both H/PCs and P/PCs.

Additional Software Required:
1.0 and Above

HTH!

Edited by Idoru 2005-04-16 4:32 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-16 7:44 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have to say here that I do not think you searched very hard:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0082.asp

You cannot change the UA under 2.11, it's a 3.00 hack only.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 11