x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WCF11 trouble in Jornada 820

Beagle
Beagle Page Icon Posted 2004-10-14 6:47 PM
#
I have a Jornada 820, with WinCE 2.11 and a Linksys WCF11 Compact Flash card.
I cannot make my Linksys WCF11 see my router. The software WCF11 Utility seems to run properly. The card activates and it sees the router...I get link quality, signal strength, the receive shows active numbers, but the transmit shows zero. The DHCP doesn't work, so I must assign a static IP, Subnet Mask, Gateway and DNS (I did this at Control Panel - Network)...but I can't ping the router and Internet Explorer doesn't work. I am not using WEP...just to get it going, I'm using the basic configurations. It seems as if the card is working, but CE isn't talking to the card. I have installed the vxUtil program as well as the other Network Utilities programs to check connections. What am I missing?
 Top of the page
biggal@bellsouth.net
biggal@bellsouth.net Page Icon Posted 2004-11-27 10:09 PM
#
I'm facing a similar problem with a Jornada 690 and a Linksys WPC 11, version 3 card with the Linksys drivers......on a Linksys WRK54G router running a mixed mode, since the WPC 11 is a "B" and I also use "G"'s on 2 laptops on the same wireless net.
Exactly the same symptoms and tried the same fixes.....with the exact same results.......
I have upgraded the router firmware and tried it again, still no joy..
Also tried it on a Linksys WRT54G router at the office, no dice either.

Linksys doesn't support the CE drivers, so it would seem we are SOL for wireless.....

Has anyone got a fix or any ideas

Thanks........
ARW
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-28 12:01 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm afraid that Linksys have anything but endeered themselves to Windows CE. We heare so many reports of their drivers not working - that we decided not to enter Linksys devices with compatibility data into the HCL.

HPC2000 users have the possibility of using this crack:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0006.asp

For pro.. well I don't think that it will work.
You could try a WPC reference driver, search for NL-2511CD in the HCL. I also have two more untested drivers that you can try - just PM me for it if you want to try them.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 1.891 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 25