x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Running PocketPC apps on CE5.0

eclipse
eclipse Page Icon Posted 2007-09-28 8:54 PM
#
Hi,

I have a CE 5.0 PMP device, and can't really find much software to run on it. (520mhz ARM cpu)
Is is posisble at all to run PocketPC apps on CE at all?
What about the Pocket PC Simcity game? I see it for sale on online auction site here. If I buy it, is there some extra drivers I could add to CE5.0 to make it work?

Or if not, where can I find list of things that will work on CE5? Google was not much help.

Thanks for any suggestion!
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-09-29 11:55 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Read around and download Executability Check from cmonex's site
Here: http://hpcmonex.net/izemize/exec.zip
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2007-12-17 6:15 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Sadly, ExectuabilityCheck is nearly worthless on CE 5.0. While you can still use it to rename dll imports and change the OS version, it doesn't seem able to correctly check for missing exports anymore. It doesn't even work on a more complete CE 5 OS like WM5/WM6...

Your only decent choice for this is sadly depends.exe and perhaps a dump of your device's rom files (so it can compare the imports with the actual versions on your device)

SK's peinfo also will list imports but its not quite as easy to read as the PC app depends.exe or ExecutabilityCheck on older OS versions...

http://www.dependencywalker.com/
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-12-17 4:17 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Another possibility is to install a hexeditor on your PC and search within the program's executable or CAB file for .dll files needed by the program (just do a non-case-sensitive text string search for .dll repeatedly until it says no more instances of the string are found).

depends.exe - I still gotta get used to that name. Older folks like me might think it's some kind of protection against data leaks.

Edited by CE Geek 2007-12-17 4:21 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-17 6:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

as for peinfo, it won't be any good as it won't tell you exactly what exports are missing
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2008-01-12 6:35 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

May I ask what ARM PMP device you have? Thanks.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 27