x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

jornada 690 keyboard on a j 710, may it work?

xavi
xavi Page Icon Posted 2005-04-18 1:13 PM
#
Hi, this is the same thread but with the subject matter well written down. Does someone know if the j690 keyboard would work on the j 710?

Thanks

Xavi
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-04-18 3:49 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I know you may already have the replacement keyboard but here is a keyboard that says it is compatible with both. If it is the same part number you may be in business.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58539&item=5186365711&rd=1
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-18 4:58 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Alot of the Jornada HPC parts are cross compatable I think, so you should be OK.

Nick
 Top of the page
xavi
xavi Page Icon Posted 2005-04-18 5:27 PM
#
Thanks for your answer, the thing is that I have an extra jornada 690 (the j710 is for main use), but I want to swap the keyboards (the j690 keyboard is better in my opinion).
Rearding the keyboard advert posted on ebay, I think is the same as j720 and j728 (I already had this last one and the problem found was the keyboard size).

Thank you and I hope I will be lucky.

Cheers
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-18 5:28 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Never delt or even seen a J710, Good luck on the replacement!

Nick

Edited by Nick Charlton 2005-04-18 5:29 PM
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-18 10:04 PM
#
H/PC Elite

The following parts are compatible amongst the Jornada series (680/680e/690/690e/710/720/728)

- Touchscreens
- AC Adapters
- Keyboards
- Batteries
- Styli

The following parts are partially compatible
- Cradle: the 6xx series ones fits all the J's, but the 7xx series cradles do not have the recess needed when inserting pcmcia cards in a 6xx series.

Summary
6xx series cradle (purple one) can be used with all Jornadas, but does not have USB port for J7xx usb syncronization
7xx series cradle (dark blue one) can be used with all Jornadas, but does not have the space needed for the piggy back combination in the J6xx series

If you need more info PM me, i'm writing a draft about J6xx and J7xx dissection procedures.

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-19 7:05 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

matrixcore,

Do you have a digital camera? I was writing separate dismantling guides for the LX and 700 series with photo's, if you have a camera and a white sheet you could snap it on, that would be superb to add the 600 series to the 'list'
 Top of the page
xavi
xavi Page Icon Posted 2005-04-19 3:23 PM
#
I have swap the kyeboards and everything works fine. Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Xavi
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-19 8:51 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I do not actually have a digital camera, but i can get one. I'll finish writing about the J 6xx series and email it to you. I think I can have it ready for the next week. In case you need the 7xx series info I can do it too, just send me a PM.

BTW - I won't do it on a white sheet i'll just do it on a plain table.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-05-14 10:40 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Now i do have a digicam (phone one), but anyways, it's 1.2mp, so it should do it. I'll dissect pinky right now and write about procedure. by monday should be ready. I'll post it in my site, and i'll give the link 4u to d/l it. Maybe C:Amie could upload it here in the CESD
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.339 - Cached queries : 11 - Executed queries : 62