x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

[FS:World]: WiFi Cards for MobilePro - like built-in

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
Hal Page Icon Posted 2008-09-19 11:34 AM
#
H/PC Elite

.....sorry for taking up the space if this has been asked before, but the thread is long and hard to follow: Will this work on the Jornada 720/728? If so, what driver is needed and where do you get it?
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-09-20 7:20 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Half-Saint - 2008-09-19 9:18 AM

I might be interested in this antenna. What's the price?

Thanks
SainT

Hi Half-Saint, see below for informations about shipping ad costs

Edited by Dan 2008-09-20 8:13 AM
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-09-20 7:25 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi there, order has been placed and antennas are on their way. As soon as I get them I'll post some detailed pictures.

Below are informations about costs and shipping:

10.55 + 1.35(S&H)= $11.90 (USD)

Only 3 antennas are still available.
If you are interested send a PM.

Hal - 2008-09-19 5:34 PM

.....sorry for taking up the space if this has been asked before, but the thread is long and hard to follow: Will this work on the Jornada 720/728? If so, what driver is needed and where do you get it?

Yes they'll work
Drivers and installation instructions are included in the package I send. Otherwise you can get the prism driver here on the site in the Support & Tutorials section.

BTW if other people need further informations about these cards, can have a look at the ebay auction which include detailed informations on the item.

Auction Link.

Edited by Dan 2008-09-20 10:38 AM
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2008-09-21 5:15 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Dan, I sent you a PM, but it is in the "outbox" and not sure what launches it from there(??)
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-09-21 7:13 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hal, I just replied
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-09-21 10:43 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Hal - 2008-09-21 2:15 PM

Dan, I sent you a PM, but it is in the "outbox" and not sure what launches it from there(??)

It's dumped from the Outbox as soon as the recipient opens it.
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-09-30 8:51 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Antennas have finally arrived!

Two points:

1: antennas work well with the MobilePro and they are nice.
2: they fit better if plugged in cards used with Jornadas as the small protrusion of the card lets the antenna
plug better.

That said, here are the pictures:

I wait for confirmation of the purchase and addresses from people who reserved the cards.

Thanks

Edited by Dan 2008-09-30 8:52 AM
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2008-09-30 6:56 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Dan,

I got the card you sent today along with the r-angle antenna and it works great on my Jornada 728. I need to remember to enter prismnds.dll in the driver blank, when prompted.

I take it the pigtail wire just hangs free? Is there any use for the second connector on the card?

Also, I installed MinistumblerARM.cab and it gives an error "ministumbler performed an illegal operation...". Any suggestions to make it work?

Later I will do a range test compared to the ORiNOCO Gold and see how reception compares here at home.

Thanks for the prompt shipping.

Hal

Edited by Hal 2008-09-30 7:49 PM
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-10-01 5:26 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi Hal, I'm glad you like the card! Yes, driver name has to be specified. On the 900/c typing prismnds.dll shouldn't be a problem anymore when Custom Rom 3 will be ready..thanks to Cmonex and her work with pnpd's the card will be just plug and play.

And yeah, the pigtail antenna is an addition (do you remember the extra cents? ). Of course you can plug both the big antenna and the small one at the same moment, the important thing is that when you use only one of them you plug that in the main card connector.
About Ministumbler, are you using the one in the CD?

Dan

Edited by Dan 2008-10-01 6:27 AM
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2008-10-01 12:44 PM
#
H/PC Elite

If I use both antennas will I get improved reception? Guess I could try it and see

I tried the MiniStumbler on your CD and got the error. So went to the stumbler site, downloaded and replaced the initial install with theirs (HPC2000 cab), and get the same error. To see if something in my system is tromping on it, I could do a cold boot, install your wireless, and then Ministumbler errors again, unless there are other suggestions.

Edited by Hal 2008-10-01 12:44 PM
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-10-01 1:46 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hal - 2008-10-01 6:44 PM

If I use both antennas will I get improved reception?

Yes. But the most part of the signal reception is provided by the one plugged in the main connector..The second one should just give a little more signal and improve signal quality.

Hal - 2008-10-01 6:44 PM
I tried the MiniStumbler on your CD and got the error. So went to the stumbler site, downloaded and replaced the initial install with theirs (HPC2000 cab), and get the same error. To see if something in my system is tromping on it, I could do a cold boot, install your wireless, and then Ministumbler errors again, unless there are other suggestions.

The one in the CD is the same that you downloaded from the stumbler site..I guess that should work out of the box..what if you try executabilitycheck?
Otherwise, yes, a cold boot might work.. let me know.
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2008-10-02 12:22 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Dan: Thanks for your great customer support....will look into it further!!
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2008-10-02 5:04 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Dan: The pigtail I was referring to 3 posts ago was the black one that hangs free. Would you think it possibe to put some shrinkwrap over the "horizontal" part or the 90deg antenna w/o reduced reception?

Edited by Hal 2008-10-02 5:05 PM
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-10-03 9:13 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hal - 2008-10-02 6:22 AM

Dan: Thanks for your great customer support....will look into it further!!

Glad to help

Hal - 2008-10-02 11:04 PM

Dan: The pigtail I was referring to 3 posts ago was the black one that hangs free.

Sorry I misunderstood

Hal - 2008-10-02 11:04 PM

Would you think it possibe to put some shrinkwrap over the "horizontal" part or the 90deg antenna w/o reduced reception?

I think shrinkwrap shouldn't reduce reception, not sure though. I assume you'd use shrinkwrap to attach the antenna to the Jornada?
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2008-10-04 11:13 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Dan, The shrinkwrap I was referring to would be to tidy-up the exposed horizontal part of the natenna in the pic here. I could try elec tape first and see if there is a difference. Thanks.

(5db antenna.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 5db antenna.jpg (22KB - 2 downloads)
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 10