x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

[FS:World]: WiFi Cards for MobilePro - like built-in

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-10-06 9:55 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi Hal, sorry for the late reply, but I had to contrive something nice for your need..When I got the 5dBi antennas I felt myself the need to tidy up the antenna cables and originally cut the black cable as there was no need for that one (I guess that is kind of adapter for others connectors). But you might not be willing to cut the black cable of your just purchased antenna, so here are two customized models of the antenna which seem good to me. The third antenna is a standard one, just to see the difference.

For the first model I simply used a straw (maybe a black one would be better, in this case..), while for the second one I used the covering of an electrical black cable and a thin strip of electrical tape to join the two antenna cables.

Hope this is a good input for you.

Dan

Edited by Dan 2008-10-06 9:58 AM
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2008-10-07 9:22 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I will try the straw method...looks good. Thanks
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-10-13 6:03 AM
#
H/PC Elite

One Built-in WiFi card ending soon on eBay:

eBay link

Top of the page
newbornlife Page Icon Posted 2008-10-22 8:38 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello there Dan,

you got any more of these cards to go?

thanks
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-10-23 10:47 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi! Yes I still have some more

Just send a PM specifying quantity and type/s of antenna you want.
 Top of the page
Dan Page Icon Posted 2008-11-06 9:22 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I have two things to say. The first is that I've put some stuff on eBay. For people who are interested here is the link: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZad.eu
You might notice that I've reduced the cost of the built-in cards, so It goes without saying that no more discounts are available. I also created separate auctions for the antennas.

The second is a special request. About a year ago I found a particular type of WiFi card, which according with the forum users' taste was quite an innovative card as no external parts were visible once the card was inserted in some handheld devices.

Now almost a year has gone since I found these cards, 49 cards have been sold (both here, in the hpcbay, and on eBay) and the original thread of these cards is still active and visible in the top 30 of the hpcbay threads with 94 replies and almost 9000 views.

To celebrate the 50th card sold I would like to get one of these cards reviewed. Untill a few days ago it was an impossible task as no brand/model was on top of these cards. Fortunately among the last 15 cards I got, there are three which have a label on them!

So I would be glad to give one of these cards for free to any of the hpcfactor users willing to review it.
Just two requirements:

1-At least 300 posts
2-Good knowledge of English

If interested just send a PM!

Edited by Dan 2008-11-06 9:25 AM
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10