x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 728 stopped sync

Kirby
Kirby Page Icon Posted 2007-10-15 11:47 AM
#
I don't know what changed, but all of a sudden my Jornada 728 stopped syncing with my PC. It worked this weekend. Now it doesn't work. When I first plugged it in, the Active Sync looked like it was connecting, but then nothing. I have reinstalled Active Sync, but it doesn't even recognize the Jornada is connected. Help!!!
 Top of the page
Gadgetguy Page Icon Posted 2007-10-15 11:51 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Did you reset your Jornada/
 Top of the page
Kirby
Kirby Page Icon Posted 2007-10-15 12:04 PM
#
I did a soft reset and now I'm getting:

Communications Error
Cannot start communications with the desktop computer. Remote Networking could not start due to a critical error (Error 678). Please reconnect your device. If the problem persists, restart your device using the instructions provided by the manufacturer.

This is getting somewhere. At least now it is trying to communicate. Any other suggestions? You might be onto something.

Thank you!!!
 Top of the page
Kirby
Kirby Page Icon Posted 2007-10-15 12:08 PM
#
I reinstalled version 3.8 directly from HPC Factor. Was this the wrong version by chance?
 Top of the page
Gadgetguy Page Icon Posted 2007-10-15 12:43 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have this very often (most of the time actually). I just switch on/off a couple of times (also disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable sometimes helps) and after a while it syncs.

I use Activesync 3.8
 Top of the page
Kirby
Kirby Page Icon Posted 2007-10-15 4:48 PM
#
Thank you!!!

After one more time of uninstalling and reinstalling ActiveSync, it's now working. The key was performing the soft reset. Without doing that, it would never have worked.

Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Kirby
 Top of the page
Kirby
Kirby Page Icon Posted 2007-10-16 10:33 AM
#
Just found out today that our firewall was altered and could have messed with programs such as ActiveSync. I wanted to post this so in case someone else has a similar problem. The solution for me was to uninstall ActiveSync and reinstall it. Then I did a soft reset on my Jornada, reset up a profile for my computer and all is well again.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.142 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9