x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sig3 Relocated DLL's to SD card (8.5Mb more free)

1 2 3 4
Nick_EL Page Icon Posted 2009-12-24 12:29 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yes, I had the same problem too. The reason was that Opera was installed to SD card. The solution is to install Opera to RAM, then simply remove folders "Opera" from \Application Data\ and \Program Files\ to \SD Card\Application Data\ and \SD Card\Program Files\, and edit the opera.ini file.
It works fine for me - just at the moment I've removed Opera and installed it again as described above to check this out.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-12-26 3:40 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Nick_EL - 2009-12-24 12:29 PM

Yes, I had the same problem too. The reason was that Opera was installed to SD card. The solution is to install Opera to RAM, then simply remove folders "Opera" from \Application Data\ and \Program Files\ to \SD Card\Application Data\ and \SD Card\Program Files\, and edit the opera.ini file.
It works fine for me - just at the moment I've removed Opera and installed it again as described above to check this out.

I didn't get it straight.

I have to remove Opera folder from \Application Data\ and Program Files in ram?
Then, I have to create folder on device called \SD Card\Application Data\ and \SD Card\Program Files\ , have I?

How can I remove Opera folder in Program Files folder if in there are Opera executable and dlls?
 Top of the page
Nick_EL Page Icon Posted 2009-12-27 9:55 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I see that I explained it not so clear... sorry for poor English. Try to follow these steps:

1. Install Opera in RAM;
2. Create on SD card folders named "Application Data" and "Program Files": \SD Card\Application Data\ , \SD Card\Program Files\ ;
3. Move folders "Opera"(with all files and subfolders) from RAM to SD card using Total Commander Ctrl+6 key:
\Application Data\Opera\*.* => \SD Card\Application Data\Opera\*.*
\Program Files\Opera\*.* => \SD Card\Program Files\Opera\*.*
4. Now we can run Opera and modify the default homepage address according to new filepath:
\Application Data\Opera\startpage\home.html => \SD Card\Application Data\Opera\startpage\home.html

(capture001.jpg)

(capture002.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments capture001.jpg (86KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments capture002.jpg (46KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-12-29 4:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I did it, but Opera seems not to work properly. Now, it is extremely slow. when opening it takes time and even when I tap its menu.

Then , in start\program menu Opera link is broken.

Did you fixed these issues too?
 Top of the page
Nick_EL Page Icon Posted 2009-12-30 1:24 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Slycarter - 2009-12-29 4:46 PM

I did it, but Opera seems not to work properly.

1. Just delete the broken link, and make the new one in Windows folder with Total Commander Ctrl+Shift+5 keys (in the "Programs" folder, it is 2nd "japanese" folder from the bottom).

2. I've measured with a stopwatch, and the Opera starts in just 8,1 seconds, the menus appears immediately (less than 1 sec). Maybe you haven't enough free program memory? When the Opera is loaded (no connection, just homepage loaded - the browser itself eats only 4424 KB), control panel shows 33182 KB free from 46184 KB allocated.
Hope it helps.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2009-12-30 5:44 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Done. But it still take long time to run almost it stucks. Memory is more than 50 Mb free for program. Maybe it acts like that because it is still in trial mode and when i run it pops out box with time left to expiration period of trial.

Tried to expire trial period and register but nothing has changed. Maybe opactivex.dll need to stay in windows dir?

Edited by Slycarter 2009-12-30 6:07 PM
 Top of the page
Nick_EL Page Icon Posted 2009-12-31 1:40 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Slycarter - 2009-12-30 5:44 PM
Tried to expire trial period and register but nothing has changed. Maybe opactivex.dll need to stay in windows dir?

Don't know for sure, because my copy of Opera is registered, and all system dlls are in Windows dir. Will try to relocate dlls later on holidays. But as compared with Netfront 3.3 in full-browsing mode, Opera is just flying...
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-01-05 4:09 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Any news, NicK_EL ?
 Top of the page
Nick_EL Page Icon Posted 2010-01-05 6:13 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Tried to follow mr-mac's instructions (new key in registry created etc), then I relocated dlls for one app (Redgear, was afraid of a HR to do it with all dlls), and after soft reset Redgear and all the apps controlled by this were not working - dlls not loaded.
Guess I have created the registry entry in some wrong way. Could you post the text or a screenshot with TRE opened at this key?
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-01-07 10:02 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I followed mr-mac instruction as, create a new key called "Loader" than a MultiString value called "SystemPath" with these value:
/Windows/
/SD Card/your directory/

write them as I did and save.
Check to have in Windows dir SDIO upgrade (these are three files) or Sd Card won't be seen.
Let me know.

P.S.: How did you manage to get RedaGear work on your Sig3? On mine it freeze the system.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2010-01-07 3:09 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Slycarter - 2010-01-07 6:02 PM

write them as I did and save.
Check to have in Windows dir SDIO upgrade (these are three files) or Sd Card won't be seen.

Explain please what do you mean.
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-01-07 4:15 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Here http://hpcmonex.net/sig3/sig3.html one can download the mobile custom update. In the package you find the SDIO update, and it is made by three dll files, but if you relocate these dlls, system will not see SD Card and so will not see all the others dll relocate on it.

Mr.Mac explained the issue back on this thread.
 Top of the page
Nick_EL Page Icon Posted 2010-01-08 11:46 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Slycarter - 2010-01-07 10:02 AM
Let me know.
P.S.: How did you manage to get RedaGear work on your Sig3? On mine it freeze the system.

After installation of SDIO upgrade relocating dlls is working as it should, but now there's a strange issue: the machine can't power on with the power button, it powers on only after soft reset. Guess there's a conflict between some software that I've installed before and SDIO update.

Redgear works well, just need to replace the original _ygshell.dll in Windows dir with renamed aygshell.dll (#14 from cmonex's website, 22.0 KB).
 Top of the page
Slycarter Page Icon Posted 2010-01-08 5:09 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

After installation of SDIO upgrade relocating dlls is working as it should, but now there's a strange issue: the machine can't power on with the power button, it powers on only after soft reset. Guess there's a conflict between some software that I've installed before and SDIO update.

I had this issue when I installed redgear.
 Top of the page
Nick_EL Page Icon Posted 2010-01-10 8:51 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

You're right, it's Redgear. It looks like I'd better stay with Opera and redgear, rather than stick with relocating dlls...
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 10