x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

900c cmonex v2.0

1 2 3
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-06 5:10 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks for testing it out! i'll upload this as bugfix. and in the next release (v2.1 maybe when all the bugs that have been discovered so far are fixed) it will be integrated.
 Top of the page
mjeter Page Icon Posted 2007-11-11 12:25 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Is anyone having problems with TCMP on V2? It opens fine,
but as soon as it starts playing the screen goes black and I can't get it to quit.
Soft reset just goes back to a black screen, the only way I can get out of it is a hard reset.

Mike
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-11 3:12 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

you need to disable backlight keepalive in advanced settings but this is a well known issue on stock rom too, has been asked about 100 times before

and, you can get out of it without a hard reset. get activesync remote display, connect the device to the pc, run the remote display app and it should show you the screen of the device.. then go to the registry, HKCU/control panel/backlight (iirc) and set the actimeout and batterytimeout to 0 or similar
and of course do a reboot.

at least this is what i did with resco it set it to 0x7fffffff for some reason

Edited by cmonex 2007-11-11 3:13 PM
 Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2007-11-11 4:05 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'm experimenting a strage fonts problem with opera 8.65 beta version with cmonex rom. Anyone else have had similar issue?
 Top of the page
kitor Page Icon Posted 2007-11-11 4:36 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

rgisondi - 2007-11-11 10:05 PM

I'm experimenting a strage fonts problem with opera 8.65 beta version with cmonex rom. Anyone else have had similar issue?

I had it too
 Top of the page
mjeter Page Icon Posted 2007-11-11 5:54 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

That was it, I didn't have a problem with it before on the new release (0.81).
I tried searching the forum, but it kept timing out.

Thanks,
Mike
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-11 5:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mjeter: you probably checked the no keepalive in tcpmp before, but the hard reset had you forget that. that simple.

i've yet to see the font issue here. can you describe exactly what you installed and where?

Edited by cmonex 2007-11-11 5:58 PM
 Top of the page
tetablanco
tetablanco Page Icon Posted 2007-11-14 8:27 PM
#
Hi cmonex,

After waiting for an excruciating 2 1/2 months, my 900c from Canada finally cleared Hong Kong customs and is with my sister now. I hope to get it from her when she comes home for the holidays. I hope to load v2.0 as soon as I get hold of it. Please rest assured that I fully support your tireless efforts to help this community and will do my share to show our collective appreciation.

Thanks,

Teta

P.S. My 900c latch was broken when some Customs brutes forcibly tried to open the unit. Any chance I can get a latch replacement kit or spare parts from anywhere on the net?

Top of the page
kitor Page Icon Posted 2007-11-15 2:17 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2007-11-11 11:58 PM
i've yet to see the font issue here. can you describe exactly what you installed and where?

i've done hadreset for better check. I'm installing Opera on \Storage Card\Opera, nothing else. Screenshots I was posting somewhere but there are they:

in IE:

in Opera:

Opera uses one and the same font for everything The problem won't exist on rom v1

Edited by kitor 2007-11-15 2:17 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-15 2:56 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, i'm not using the 8.65 beta, just 8.60 commercial, maybe that's why i've not seen it?

anyway my 900c i brought with me to the UK is now in parts for jtagging, so can't check this. i should've brought one more 900c... heh

anyone have any suggestions for jtagging software, our jtag cable is a very simple one see at http://nepe.extra.hu/jtag2.GIF
thanks
 Top of the page
dmxsoulja3
dmxsoulja3 Page Icon Posted 2007-11-18 10:13 PM
#
Is it just me or does it seem like when you use the overclocker to say 472mhz it seems like a whole new machine? Does anyone actively use the overclocking utility?
 Top of the page
Brett45
Brett45 Page Icon Posted 2007-11-19 1:00 AM
#
I keep my NEC 900C clocked at 530 MHZ continuously, and yes, it certainly does make a difference. In fact, at that clock speed even using ftx browser is generally quite pleasent, and it even handles videos quite well.
 Top of the page
dmxsoulja3
dmxsoulja3 Page Icon Posted 2007-11-19 2:08 PM
#
I'm assuming you leaved it plugged in?
 Top of the page
Brett45
Brett45 Page Icon Posted 2007-11-19 3:37 PM
#
Not at all. Although, I must admit, the way I use my NEC 900C, the battery life could be significantly better, as I almost always have a wireless card plugged in, a USB mouse connected, and the screen brightness at full. All of this on gives me about 1 to 1.5 hours of battery life. Luckily, I've got an external universal battery that can power it all day long on a single charge.

One of these days I'm going to get around to rebuilding my NEC 900C's battery.
 Top of the page
Guyturf Page Icon Posted 2007-11-19 10:43 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

um... external universal battery??

Details please, that sounds intriguing!!

Unless of course you mean the wall plug, in which case... tbpth!
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 9