x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J820 browser options?

twinpks831 Page Icon Posted 2007-11-04 7:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hey all--I've been a dedicated Jornada 820 user since getting one new back in 1997, and HPC Factor has of course been a tremendous resource for keeping this amazing device up to date over the last decade.

BUT, I need some advice. Recently Pocket IE will frequently return only the message "Bad Request" when trying to browse via my WiFi connection, on either normal or wap sites. From the research I've done, I'm guessing this has to do with PIE 3.0's "user agent" as transmitted to remote servers, indicating a browser that's no longer supported.

I've read here and elsewhere about changing the user agent string in the registry of HPC2000 to get around this, but that there is no similar option for HPCPro to squeeze a little more life out of PIE.

I've also tried to install numerous builds of Minimoz, only to get the "Cannot find Minimo or one of its components" error that I've read about in other posts.

Any J820 or other users have a browser solution that's workable for the CE 2.11/StrongARM platform? Either modding PIE or installing something new? I hate to give up on my HPC when there's plenty of good mobile and wap content that I should have no trouble accessing.

I appreciate help from the experts!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-04 9:23 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

actually netfront 3.0 could work, i only tested it on MIPS hpc pro as i don't have a 820... netfront 3.0 is no longer available but i have the trial somewhere if you want to see it, just send me an email to contactchan at freemail.hu
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-04 9:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

or maybe if the user agent is hard coded somewhere in PIE and can be edited... i know it is in rom but may be extracted (not trivial for ce 2.11 but can be done)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.226 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 26