x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Compatible 900c (ce4.2) wireless cards

1 2 3
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-11-27 5:37 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

PearlJamman - 2007-11-27 12:52 PM

Thank you for your help CAuser, this looks very promising, but I am unsure how to identify which ZIP file to use (I DL'd both 2.01.01.0135 and 3.00.08.0236) and then, which cabs to use after that lol. I'm sorry, I know Win 9x, 2000, and XP like the back of my hand, but winCE and the HPC are still new to me. Thanks again for your patience!

Try Prism400.2577.cab from the second download. You can also try copying a single dll (prismnds.dll from Rich's site) to windows directory. After installation, do a soft reset. When prompted for the driver name, enter 'prismnds' without the quotes.
 Top of the page
PearlJamman Page Icon Posted 2007-11-27 5:41 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Ahh thank you very much, you guys are amazing! My only issue now is going to be battery life lol. I have a used battery, and without my CF storage card, USB thumb drive, and now wireless card, i was gettin prob 4-5 hours of normal usage. With all of these, using the internet, wordpad and media player, im sure thatll shorten to prob 2-3 hours max. But it's worth it. Thanks again, you guys are great
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-11-27 6:05 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

PearlJamman - 2007-11-27 2:41 PM

Ahh thank you very much, you guys are amazing! My only issue now is going to be battery life lol. I have a used battery, and without my CF storage card, USB thumb drive, and now wireless card, i was gettin prob 4-5 hours of normal usage. With all of these, using the internet, wordpad and media player, im sure thatll shorten to prob 2-3 hours max. But it's worth it. Thanks again, you guys are great

This means SS1021 works well on MP900C with CE.NET 4.2. Congratulations!
 Top of the page
wirespot Page Icon Posted 2007-11-30 6:42 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

The NEC WarpStar card works great with MobilePro 900c. It's an Aterm WL11CB, aka PC-WL/11C (B). Works with the WLAGS461 driver, which is included (but you can get it from cmonex.net in the Lucent.zip package as well).

The only drawback, as I have recently discovered , is that it only does 801.11b (that means 11 Mbps tops) and WEP 128bit encryption (no WPA).

Edited by wirespot 2007-11-30 6:43 PM
 Top of the page
afloressales
afloressales Page Icon Posted 2008-01-14 1:03 PM
#
Can somebody help me on decide which Wireless card should I get from my Nec Mobilepro 900c. The options I have are an AmbiCom WL1100C-CF which I believe supports WPA and a Sandisk SDWCFB-128-768.

Thanks in advance
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-01-16 12:32 PM
#
H/PC Elder

The only other option... and I think the only 11g compatible card that will also give you access to WPA....

Is the I-OData card that stingraze sells. think it is about $48ish. It is a CF so will need a PCMCIA > CF adapter card but it should result in slightly better battery life and as I mentioned the other plus points above.

I don't have a 900c but I belive cmonex has tried the planex version of the same card and confirmed it worked but not sure if she did any extended testing. maybe she will drop by and confirm as I am sure 11g and WPA may be important features for some people.

Thanks

John
 Top of the page
konker Page Icon Posted 2008-01-17 6:59 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I'm using the Cisco Aironet PCM352 802.11b card on my NEC 900C running CE 4.2 (latest available official ROM) with the driver & Aironet Client Utility (v.2.72.12) downloaded from Cisco's website.
I've managed to update the firmware to the latest available version (5.60.21) which supports WPA (TKIP/PSK).
I can't really comment on the battery usage as my unit's battery is already aging & running low.
 Top of the page
evieabston Page Icon Posted 2008-01-23 5:08 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I agree the Agere ORiNOCO card works great on my MP900C. I love it. It is important when you are using the wifi card to have your unit plugged in to the ac adaptor, it does use a lot of battery power. and there is even a google program that shrinks the web pages so you can view things perfectly in the mp900c. You can get the cards on ebay very inexpensive and well worth the price. I really only use the wifi for emailing.
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2010-02-04 10:45 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Could anybody help me with Ambicom WL1100 on Netbook Pro? It works with ambicom driver but the signal has a very low strenght. And It's seems it doesn't work with WPA (or am I missing something?).
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-02-05 12:00 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Have you tried it with the generic Prism driver? IIRC, Prism 2.5 supports WPA; maybe the AmbiCom version is crippled somehow (kinda like the Proxim version of the Agere driver seems to be).
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2010-02-05 8:06 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I will try it. Thanks
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2010-02-05 9:59 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Prism driver works , but the signal strenght is the same . Could it be because i've updated firmware?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-02-05 11:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I would think that's a hardware issue. I don't know offhand if the WL1100 has an external antenna hookup; that might be your best bet.
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2010-02-08 10:24 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

No. It seems it has no external antena. Anyway, it works. I will try with other router, maybe it's not Ambicom problem.
Thanks
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2010-03-01 10:26 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Ok, so the problem is not the card itsef (with wifi router i had great reception) . And it works with WPA which is great.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 23 - Executed queries : 58