x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

game still wont run after mobilpro 780 upgrade to ce 3.0

booyaben
booyaben Page Icon Posted 2005-04-27 8:33 PM
#
I downloaded age of empires and worms world party off of pocketgrear.com and hoped they would run on my mobilepro 780 after I made the upgrade to ce 3.0. But when I try to run the game it comes up with an error saying it cannot find the game exe. Why is this? I can find the file and I try clicking the exe but it still says it cannot be found.

If nobody has clue why this happens could i at least get a link to some decent games?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-27 10:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

try reading the forums here. you'll see why they don't work. maybe you'll be able to get them working but that's not for granted at all.
decent games here: http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/j7xx/

Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-28 1:13 AM
#
H/PC Elite

for age of empires, you'll need GAPI. i dunno if there's a version available for MIPS, but you could check in www.wincesoft.de, to see if your machine (in this case MP790, HPC2000) is supported. If not, i think it'll be very hard to make them run

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-28 1:18 AM
#
H/PC Elite

i've just checked Wincesoft.de and i'm afraid to tell you that there's no GAPI available for MIPS processors, so i think you will not be able to run AOE.

ARM Scores again!! i think it's ARM 4-2 MIPS

You can try other games, look into the page cmonex recommended, it's a big repository

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-28 6:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

booyaben,

Simple fact of the matter is that AOE is a Pocket PC application and you are using a Handheld PC. PPC2000 / 2002 running on CE3 is not the same as HPC2000 running on CE3.

While it is possible in some situation to 'hack' the program into working, effectivly by tricking it to mount stub libraries, PPC apps will not run nativly.
 Top of the page
jigab00 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-20 4:07 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Oops sorry. Badly researched reply deleted (there doesn't seem to be a way to delete posts unfortunately).

J

Edited by jigab00 2005-06-20 4:10 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-20 4:40 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

teheh,

There will be in the next form core, so bear with us until then
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10