x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Problem with Jornada 680

anlmrma
anlmrma Page Icon Posted 2007-11-22 1:53 AM
#
Hi everyone !

I have a big problem with my Jornada 680. Every after 5 minutes, it suddenly reboots. And after 3 reboot, there's a message like "Tbl missing" behond the screen. When I press reset button, the system is blocked and the screen show only the word "JORNADA". After pressing reset button three times, there's nothing on the screen, and nothing happens even if I press buttons on the keyboard or touch the screen. So I must remove the battery and backup accu, wait 10 minutes. After that the system work correctly until 5 minutes.

What can I do to resolve this problem ?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-22 8:50 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

is the message shown exactly as you quoted it? "Tbl missing" ?

sounds like bad ram to me, i had that once with a 680, mostly pocketword was suffering from it. i changed the rom (and ram with it) and no problems ever since
 Top of the page
anlmrma
anlmrma Page Icon Posted 2007-11-22 12:18 PM
#
I think you're right !!

But I don't know what to do when I want to change the rom.

I need some advice to execute it correctly !
Or where can I find a guide to do this ?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-11-22 9:01 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

If I could find my old 680 parts, I might be of some help - but right now I can't seem to locate them. If I do I'll holler here.
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2007-11-25 10:25 PM
#
H/PC Elite

anlmrma: Here are some installation instructions, if you get another memory module: http://home.freeuk.com/gogmagog/installation_guides/installation_guide_memory_680_680e_690_690e.html

Basically, you are moving the kb out of the way to get at the module. Be careful to keep track of the screws, since some are longer and can pierce the kb if in the wrong place. Good Luck.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8